Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentary on MMA looking for professional fighter to feature

Options
  • 11-01-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

Myself and my team are shooting a student documentary film and we are looking to focus on a professional MMA fighter in training for an upcoming fight. The fight would have to be happening between mid February and end of March so that we can film the lead up to the event. Potential candidate must be comfortable in front of the camera and willing to let us film training sessions as well as home environment. Please contact me at mariejeantelot@gmail.com if you are interested in taking part in our project or if you know of someone that fits the bill.

Thank you!

Marie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Tbh I don't think you'll have alot of volunteers as alot of the professional fighters have days jobs/families and the filming could be quite intrusive and awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Someone shadowed Owen dempsey for a couple of weeks before one of his mma fights a couple of years ago, just fyi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think this is a great idea, if done correctly and can only help to promote the sport - again if done correctly.

One problem I'd foresee if that the potential fighter doesn't know the OP or what agenda they're working from.

Before last Novembers (Judo) Irish Open we'd some filming done, although not on a one-on-one basis like this proposal however its been quite positive over all.

(a short clip)

My opinion is that this could be a good for what is in reality a minority sport in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Just FYI, I've been chatting to this crew over the last while and they're genuine about making a fly on the wall documentary, juat in case you're sitting there thinking it might be a stitch up :)

These guys filmed my last show and are the good guys so help them out if you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Rumble in Rush 3 is the end of March, the 27th so that could be a possibility for you to film the fight, im working on getting a couple of pro fights on at the minute..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

cowzerp wrote: »
    Rumble in Rush 3 is the end of March, the 27th so that could be a possibility for you to film the fight, im working on getting a couple of pro fights on at the minute..

is gary morris due to fight? he'd be good for a documentary, certainly wouldn't be camera shy.

is gary morris due to fight? he'd be good for a documentary, certainly wouldn't be camera shy.

Gary is unable to train at the min so is not an option..

would be good though imo as he likes the cameras!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

cowzer you should do it, with your dashing good looks and sparkling personality, you could be the next ryan tuberty

cowzer you should do it, with your dashing good looks and sparkling personality, you could be the next ryan tuberty

Ha ha, Tubber would be more like it at the moment!!
    im the official Ricky Fatton of Irish MMA at the moment!!

Although the dashing good looks and personality does seem to be the general consensus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

cowzerp wrote: »
    Ha ha, Tubber would be more like it at the moment!!
    im the official Ricky Fatton of Irish MMA at the moment!!

Although the dashing good looks and personality does seem to be the general consensus!!!

i was just saying what everyone was thinking, plus everyone of your frecels is a kiss from an angel xx oo;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement