Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm tamper proofing set off (Scopetronic)

Options
  • 11-01-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi there

I'm having work done in my apt and had one of the sensors moved. When it was being moved, the alarm begain to sound as the wires touched off each other when putting the sensor in another place. The alarm had not been armed at the time so I think this is a tamper proof thing that was set off. The alarm panel seemed to have had no power in order to turn off the alarm so one of the wires was cut to disable the alarm from sounding. The light to indicate the alarm is going off is still being displayed outside though.

Thing is, this alarm was already installed when I bought the apartment 8 years ago. How do I get this fixed? Would a general security place fix it or will I need to upgrade to a new alarm type? Can anyone recommend a company in South Dublin? How much should this cost to fix? Its a scopetronic alarm.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there

I'm having work done in my apt and had one of the sensors moved. When it was being moved, the alarm begain to sound as the wires touched off each other when putting the sensor in another place. The alarm had not been armed at the time so I think this is a tamper proof thing that was set off. The alarm panel seemed to have had no power in order to turn off the alarm so one of the wires was cut to disable the alarm from sounding. The light to indicate the alarm is going off is still being displayed outside though.

Thing is, this alarm was already installed when I bought the apartment 8 years ago. How do I get this fixed? Would a general security place fix it or will I need to upgrade to a new alarm type? Can anyone recommend a company in South Dublin? How much should this cost to fix? Its a scopetronic alarm.

thanks

When you opened the sensor it would of activated the alarm. Entering your code into the panel should of turned the alarm off for you. Have you got a user code for the alarm ? If you only sniped a cable it should be easy to fix..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HootieMcBoobie

Hi altor

Thanks for the reply, the panel wasnt lighting up/powered once the alarm went off. Thats why we snipped the cable. I dont have a user code. Are you in the business? How much would this sort of thing cost to fix do you think?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi altor

Thanks for the reply, the panel wasnt lighting up/powered once the alarm went off. Thats why we snipped the cable. I dont have a user code. Are you in the business? How much would this sort of thing cost to fix do you think?

thanks

pm sent.

Advertisement