Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange 13Amp socket

Options
  • 11-01-2010 3:24pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

was wondering if anyone knew where to get a twin 13amp socket orange in colour. I thought clipsal did them but they dont have orange.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dan_

Orange?? cant say i remember seeing one around, maybe a search on ebay?? you can find anything on there. :D

Can i ask why orange?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Maplins keep them as an extension socket

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Maplins keep them as an extension socket

yeah, but this needs to be fixed to the wall like any other twin 13Am socket in a house.

It's part of a legacy specification on a project I'm working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

would you consider getting a flat plate socket ( metal ) with white insert and prime it and spray it yourself ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I might have too, but I'd rather get the spec changed first, its for a job we have not won , just putting some leg work, have a good chance at it though.

There could be 600 of them so it would be worth my while getting them in that colour already, cant find them on ebay or the net thing is I have a memory of a rep showing me a catalog with a picture of a fan of sockets in a whole spectrum of colors, just can place it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

will enquire tomorrow.thought it was one off

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dan_

if its 600 you might be looking for then i'm sure a place like made in china and alibaba.com would help you out.

I have often had things made up for me , mainly LED lighting but most of it has come back good quality.

i'll keep an eye out anyway.

Advertisement