Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

hino trucks

• 11-01-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cavanguy

hey everyone.
    just wondering does anyone out there have pictures of hino trucks working in ireland in the late 60's to 80's.I have a great interest in this brand even though im 27 years of age.Remember as a child sean quinn,monery bi-products and all the driver in then called killeshandra co-op ueing them and would love to see more pictures of them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ james1410

not exacly working in the 60's but heres a pic of a hino we have it was given to my father as payment for tractor parts im thinking of restoring it but i dont what model it is!

S7301673.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cavanguy

i dont know but il find out.........by any chance is it for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ james1410

It may be in the future a bloke who is big into trucks is ment to have bought it but we havent heard any thing for a long time im tempted to do her my self as every thing is there and the chassis are good ect its just the cab thats rotten.

an inside pic

S7301674.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ 124 man

Have a good few pics from an irish haulage mag from 70s 80s also have a deck of cards got from the hino stand at the spring show back in the day have a broshure for the 336 somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ Carroller16

Heineken_truck.jpg

:-D

A HEINO TRUCK!!

*Grabs Coat

*does runner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭ carchaeologist

*does runner
    Keep running....lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭✭ Ron G

Thats a KM ,there was one for sale on done deal about 6 months ago..looked fairly complete would yield some good parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cavanguy

124 man wrote: »
    Have a good few pics from an irish haulage mag from 70s 80s also have a deck of cards got from the hino stand at the spring show back in the day have a broshure for the 336 somewhere :)

Any chance of you selling them 124

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ 124 man

Have them a long time and sadly for you im a hoarder ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ atlantean

3938391472_dcfef2ca58_o.jpg

These were at Fingal last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,355 Gary ITR

Friend of mine was mad for a Hino HE years ago. Lovely looking truck

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ aidhan

I thought this was a Hino but sure ye guys might like to see it anyways..It has a lawnmower engine and starts steers runs and tips all by remote. A lot of making in this and real cute if one can say that about a truck. It was on display at Essen classic car show in Dusseldorf.
    DSCN1714brown230eron.jpg
    DSCN1713brown230eron.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colly55

cavanguy wrote: »
    hey everyone.
    just wondering does anyone out there have pictures of hino trucks working in ireland in the late 60's to 80's.I have a great interest in this brand even though im 27 years of age.Remember as a child sean quinn,monery bi-products and all the driver in then called killeshandra co-op ueing them and would love to see more pictures of them

Hi cavanguy,you could join IRISHRIGS.COM its a truck forum for Irish truck drivers or people like yourself that are just interested in trucks.There are loads of pictures of new and old Hino's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,028 -Corkie-

Their is two of them parked up on the mohill to ballinamore road i meant to take pics but it was pissing rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mercedessk

have you still got hino?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ✭✭✭ oldskooler

class pic, love these yokes.

keep the pics coming lads, i remember these being everywhere when i was a young fella. lot of the artic milk tankers were hinos back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭ Truckermal

oldskooler wrote: »
    keep the pics coming lads, i remember these being everywhere when i was a young fella. lot of the artic milk tankers were hinos back in the day.

Are you on Facebook?

yep, cant post links or pics on here, dont know why. been registered ages but only started posting lately. was goin to put up a few pics but it wont let me.

i like the old commercials, big into mk1 and mk2 transits. will share some pics of my projects when i get sorted on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,687 ✭✭✭✭ Wishbone Ash

There used to be a 1985 Hino tipper truck (6 wheeler) still earning it's keep in my area until about 2 years ago. It was on ZV plates (not the import ones but the original 1985 Dublin series - I'm pretty sure it was HZV _ _ _ .) Sorry now I never took a pic of it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72,646 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm

Saw one being restored in a workshop in Limerick recently.

yep, cant post links or pics on here, dont know why. been registered ages but only started posting lately. was goin to put up a few pics but it wont let me.

There is a few FB pages with lots of pics, one is Hino trucks of Dublin..

Great stuff. I'll have a look. Cheers.

Great stuff. I'll have a look. Cheers.

https://www.facebook.com/HinoLorries/ There is more just put Hino into the Facebook search bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ winnie the schtink

7 years later i'd say it was swept up and dumped long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ john_eire

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ 500man

That truck forum must be dead i got no reply waiting 4 weeks now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭ Red Kev

88 D 1 was a Hino truck IIRC.

87 D 1 was a Peugeot 205. It was around this time that people started to say that such a prominent number as "D 1" should be reserved for something more distinguished.

I could be wrong again, but I think the Lord Mayor got 88 D 1000 for the Millenium that year, I have memories of seeing that reg on a BMW 7 series in Dawson St. a couple of times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement