Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky? - Clubs + Comedy Nights

Options
  • 11-01-2010 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

I'm surprised nobody has done this yet, but would someone fancy putting together a sticky thread of what clubs/ comedy nights operate in Dublin and on which nights, maybe with a brief description of what goes on there [e - improv or open mic or whatever].

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ab20

There is a great venue that has operated since around June in the Thomas Reads Oak Bar on corner of Dame Street and Parliament Street. An ideal venue for up and coming comics and experienced comedians looking for a place to get some experience. Gary Lynch is the man to speak to about a gig. It is a great room as I have performed there myself (and I'm not that hot, but I am a good comedian) Youve also got the Hapenny Bridge, Tony Ferns is yer man there. Bankers, Sheebeen Chic on Georges Street. There are more and I will post phone numbers for contacts soon. Good Thread This!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ab20

Yapping Too Much Thats Me! The Club in the Thomas Reads is called The Underground Comedy Club, it does be on Thursdays from 8.30 p.m. Get Yo A** down there boys. Their website is http://www.undergoundcomedydublin.com check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Roisin Dubh does stand up, mostly on Wednesday iirc and often geared towards "Who's line is it... ".
    www.roisindubh.net

Advertisement