Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power loss in Terrano...help!!

Options
  • 11-01-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi all,

as title suggests i have been having an ongoing problem with power loss in my Terrano. Im at the stage now where there is absolutely no revs. The engine turns over fine but when i go to take off there is no response.

I have changed the MAF, all filters, checked exhaust for leaks but its still the same. A friend has suggested it may be the fuel pump, could this be the case? Costly to have fixed?

The Terrano is a '99 2.7tdi model with 160k on the clock and i have never had any trouble before.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what they think it could be i would be very grateful to hear from you.

cheers JB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

i wonder if if its the turbo.(not sure if the terrano has one)if it has.thats what id be checking first

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Hi thanks for the reply.

It has a turbo ye, but i was under the impression when turbos went it gets very smokey? Im probably wrong but il have it checked.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It is more than likely caused by a lack of fuel. There can be a number of different causes.

The easiest way to rule out the injector pump is to connect a clean fuel can direct to the pump and see it is runs then

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

I'm going to give this a shot today and see whats what. Thanks for that slidey. Il let you know how i get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

We had problems with leaking injectors in one of those. Lead to a horrible power loss at about 120k miles.

Check underneath the intercooler for leaking diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 owlite700

I had a similar problem with a nissan pathfinder pick up. tried everything to sort it . a friend in the army who worked on nissans said to check the gauze on the fuel pump ,this is after the fuel filter.
    the gauze was clogged with dirt and after cleaning and bleeding of the system she is still going. this was a 2.5 td. but it might help

Advertisement