Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student again

Options
  • 11-01-2010 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi folks bare with me as this is my first post.

I have applied for college this year in LIT and UL. In 2007 I was in college in Sligo IT as a mature student doing Quantity Surveying and successfully completed my first year in the course. I then deferred my place for a year as I was in a poor position financially. As the year progressed the construction industry collapsed on itself so I decided not to return to college. My new course which I have applied for is not related to my previous course, so i will be back to 1st Year.

My question is will I be required to pay for my course. not the college fee but an education cost?:confused: I will hopefully be eligible for the BTEA this time.

I didn't receive the VEC grant or BTEA while I was in sligo.

Thanks,
    Aidan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, you'll have to pay for the first year of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D16TURBO

Thanks Larianne,

I take it that I have to pay Sligo IT then and not my new college. When will i be informed how much this is? and who by?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You will be informed when you register and you will be paying your new college.

Advertisement