Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold Piercing

Options
  • 11-01-2010 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

How long does this take to heal?
    Got it done last week and it's still swollen :(
    No pain or anything though. Small bits of blood sometimes too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

scubakid wrote: »
    How long does this take to heal?
    Got it done last week and it's still swollen :(
    No pain or anything though. Small bits of blood sometimes too

as far as i remember, i had mine done 6 years ago and it took about 2 weeks to completely heal.
    Just keep cleaning it as directed using SEA SALT and WARM WATER
    twisting it to loosen the scabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

2 weeks? jeebus, super human healing right there :)

But yeah, depends how you care for it but usually around 3-4 months I think. Haven't had a scaffold done so unsure tbh.

Will wrote: »
    2 weeks? jeebus, super human healing right there :)

But yeah, depends how you care for it but usually around 3-4 months I think. Haven't had a scaffold done so unsure tbh.

3-4 MONTHS :eek:
    Now its been a long time since ive had a piercing but as far as i remember my scaffold (which was the most painful one ive had, which is why i remember) took only 2 weeks to heal. But obviously you clean it long after you "think" its healed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Its about 3 to 4 months.

OP do you have the bar connecting the two piercings in at the moment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

pajodublin wrote: »
    3-4 MONTHS :eek:
    Now its been a long time since ive had a piercing but as far as i remember my scaffold (which was the most painful one ive had, which is why i remember) took only 2 weeks to heal. But obviously you clean it long after you "think" its healed

Maybe you just thought it was healed. I've never heard of any cartilage piercing healing in 2 weeks.

Any cartilage piercing can take up to 16 months to fully heal, but that's usually just in rare circumstances. Because it's two piercings at once and assuming you've gotten one bat through both holes it's only natural it'll be extra tender for a while. Also because it's one bar it can put pressure on the piercing which is nothing to worry about unless it remains sore for a long period of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

sorry about this but i was looking to get this done and in wild cat you have to be 15 to get your ear eim done buy 17 for a scaffold :confused::confused: is this a mistake because i'll be in dublin soon and looking forward to get this done heres link http://www.wildcat.ie/page.html?id=15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

A scaffold is basically 2 seperate piercings and requires a lot more maturity and attention to aftercare than most other ear piercings hence why they only do it for older people

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...you have to be 15 to get your ear rim done buy 17 for a scaffold...[/url]

It's 15 with parental consent (and parent present) or 16 for a rim piercing. They're not as intense and don't require as much aftercare as the two piercings required for a scaffold.

(Like Will said! :D)

ahm i dont want to sound stupid when i ask this but could you get
    a. 2 rim pirecings in the same way as a scaffold except using 2 different bars
    or...
    b. get 1/2 a scaffold done eg. only one of the holes done and the other later....

for snakebite i assume they would do the whole scaffold (i remember they use to pierce under 16 with parental permission)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well I dunno when ya remember that from, given that you're so young, I've been going there since 06 and only know them to turn underage kids away.

Getting 2 rim piercings with the intent of turning them into a scaffold will usually result in a very problematic scaffold, as the angles would be wrong, and would result in too much pressure on one side of the scaffold usually.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

ahm i dont want to sound stupid when i ask this but could you get
    a. 2 rim pirecings in the same way as a scaffold except using 2 different bars
    or...
    b. get 1/2 a scaffold done eg. only one of the holes done and the other later....

for snakebite i assume they would do the whole scaffold (i remember they use to pierce under 16 with parental permission)

a - you could get this, but the bars could heal at slightly different angles, making it very uncomfortable for the person when they do decide to put a bar in.
    b - same as above - piercings could be pierced at entirely different angles.

IMO, you should be at least 18 before you even THINK about getting a scaffold. They are very hard work. You get lots of bumps to them, thus causing lots of pus-filled lumps that have to be cared for and scarring that needs to be stopped. They require MONTHS of healing - this involves cleaning and conciously not sleeping on it, keeping yourself in good health, not doing stupid things while yer drunk (or letting your mates hang out of you), hitting your hairbrush off it and in my case - listening to music through in-ear phones.

They are the most difficult of the most common piercings you can get. And even though I've had mine for about 6 years now, it still flairs up when I'm run down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The age limit is actually 18 in Wildcat in Stephens Green. 17 with a parent.

Well I dunno when ya remember that from, given that you're so young, I've been going there since 06 and only know them to turn underage kids away.

Getting 2 rim piercings with the intent of turning them into a scaffold will usually result in a very problematic scaffold, as the angles would be wrong, and would result in too much pressure on one side of the scaffold usually
    in 08 when i went to see linkin park i was planning on getting my lip pierced and after on the snakebite website it said that :P oh and i know people who have had piercings done there...... hmm i might wait till i go to manchester and check it out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Snakebite put temporary jewelery in for the scaffold and after 3 or 4 months they put the actual bar in. Also they would not do an industrial piercings on someone who is 15 even if they have their parent present

thanks when im in dublin i shall get it done there :)

Maybe you just thought it was healed. I've never heard of any cartilage piercing healing in 2 weeks.

Any cartilage piercing can take up to 16 months to fully heal, but that's usually just in rare circumstances. Because it's two piercings at once and assuming you've gotten one bat through both holes it's only natural it'll be extra tender for a while. Also because it's one bar it can put pressure on the piercing which is nothing to worry about unless it remains sore for a long period of time.

maybe your right, jesus my memory is ****
    Sorry, didnt mean to deceive the OP into thinking that it didnt take long
    But as i said, continuous cleaning well after you "think" its healed
    BTW scaffolds are cool, i love mine. i had lots of ear rim piercings and took them all out bar the scaffold. i'll be 70 with my scaffold :D

Advertisement