Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Alarm upgrade recommendation

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I currently have an ASTEC 63D installed. It currently covers all windows and doors and has 3 PIR’s and 2 keypads. I’m looking to upgrade this alarm to something that can text me when the alarm goes off. Can I upgrade the existing ASTEC panel to a new one to obtain this functionality or what are my options ?

Many thanks,
    JD

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Upgrade panel + keypads with Astec Fusion & digi.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Many thanks koolkid for the information. I take it from your other posts you are in the industry. Would you be able to quote for such an upgrade including install ? PM is probably best.

Thanks again
    JD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

jd6677 wrote: »
    I currently have an ASTEC 63D installed. It currently covers all windows and doors and has 3 PIR’s and 2 keypads. I’m looking to upgrade this alarm to something that can text me when the alarm goes off. Can I upgrade the existing ASTEC panel to a new one to obtain this functionality or what are my options ?

Many thanks,
    JD

The astec fusion can have either a text or voice card fitted. At lease by upgrading to the fusion you can still use all your old devices off the old alarm making it alot cheaper to upgrade than replacing the whole alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Thanks Altor for the info

JD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

That Fusion system looks good.

My Astec system fell apart (literally) recently, so I just went ahead and installed a menvier M800 system. I like having the Engineering codes, and being able to set up different users, zones/wards and so on ;)

I want to add a Menvier SD3 GSM dialler but they're so damned expensive ! Is there anything else out there that is recommended ?

Also, the system has loads of outputs for relays and the like. Interesting... wonder what people use them for other than turning on lights ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement