Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yet another motor insurance question - NCB

Options
  • 10-01-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Folks something ye may be able to help me out on hopefully. My motor insurance is due for renewal in early Feburary so I am in the process of going about getting quotes now. For the last year I was insured with AXA through a bricks and mortar broker in my local town. Prior to this I have two years claims free bonus with Quinn Direct in my own name and prior to this again I have 5 years claims free bonus with Quinn Direct as a named driver under my fathers policy (I will have being driving 8 years without a claim come early Feb).

Last year I had to supply proof of my NCB including named driving experience to broker before getting insured with AXA. The NCB in my own name was grand as Quinn Direct sent this out with my renewal pack but I had a job and a half getting confirmation of my named driving experience of them . They were only willing to supply it if requested by original policy holder....a bag of sh!t for want of a better phrase IMO as what if original policy holder was deceased for example (touch wood he isin't). However, even at my fathers request they did not send through the confirmation in the post. In the end I had to call up to Dublin in person and demand it.

The last paragraph is probably a bit by the way but my question is how do I go about getting confirmation of my full no claims bonus this renewal time. Will the broker supply details of my full 8 years of driving history or will I need to go back to Quinn Direct for the first 7 and probably end up giving myself a headache in the process. I do have photocopies of my driving experience with Quinn Direct but don't think they are any good as last year broker insisted I supply originals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

Folks something ye may be able to help me out on hopefully. My motor insurance is due for renewal in early Feburary so I am in the process of going about getting quotes now. For the last year I was insured with AXA through a bricks and mortar broker in my local town. Prior to this I have two years claims free bonus with Quinn Direct in my own name and prior to this again I have 5 years claims free bonus with Quinn Direct as a named driver under my fathers policy (I will have being driving 8 years without a claim come early Feb).

Last year I had to supply proof of my NCB including named driving experience to broker before getting insured with AXA. The NCB in my own name was grand as Quinn Direct sent this out with my renewal pack but I had a job and a half getting confirmation of my named driving experience of them . They were only willing to supply it if requested by original policy holder....a bag of sh!t for want of a better phrase IMO as what if original policy holder was deceased for example (touch wood he isin't). However, even at my fathers request they did not send through the confirmation in the post. In the end I had to call up to Dublin in person and demand it.

The last paragraph is probably a bit by the way but my question is how do I go about getting confirmation of my full no claims bonus this renewal time. Will the broker supply details of my full 8 years of driving history or will I need to go back to Quinn Direct for the first 7 and probably end up giving myself a headache in the process. I do have photocopies of my driving experience with Quinn Direct but don't think they are any good as last year broker insisted I supply originals

axa should give you a letter stating the full amount that you were credited for when joining them and this years also.

you shouldn't have to go chasing anything. i know axa direct do this, unsure about the brokers, but I presume they're the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks for your advice patrickc. My question probably does appear as a bit of a dumb question to a lot of ye I'm sure but just wasn't sure. As per and in addition to patrickc's advice does anybody know if there is an industy standard or guideline that dictates that the insurance company or broker you are currently with are obliged to supply details on your full driving experience if in their posession as in my case for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

Thanks for your advice patrickc. My question probably does appear as a bit of a dumb question to a lot of ye I'm sure but just wasn't sure. As per and in addition to patrickc's advice does anybody know if there is an industy standard or guideline that dictates that the insurance company or broker you are currently with are obliged to supply details on your full driving experience if in their posession as in my case for example.

that i don't know, but have moved around insurers and quinn was the only one that took an age to get it from, every other company just gave it to me with the renewal form straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Your most recent insurer will issue your most up to date bonus which will include whatever bonus you have earned up to that date from previous insurers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Many thanks for yer kind advice folks. Its much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 consemated

wrote:
    re: talladega driving experience

I did a racing experience at Kentucky Speedway a few years back with the Petty Experience, its completely worth the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Your No Claims Bonus will state the point on their scale (probably maximum 5yrs) but will also state the number of claims free driving in your own name under their policy. Just because one insurer gave allowances for claim free driving as a named driver, doesn't mean others will

Advertisement