Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a Fire Breather? Do you know one?

Options
  • 10-01-2010 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

Im a photographer in Dublin and Ive been working on a series of images, called "If the Earth Breathed...", which is becoming a book and an exhibition, Im looking to include "Fire" and was hoping to find a fire breather!

my site is www.solarina.org and you can see the project here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutr/sets/72157622816007489/

If you can think of anyone who would be interested, or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Lucy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

There's that Ross Stufarian guy (yeah dreadlocks, get it?) does be hanging around Grafton St. Top hat, tail coat, long red dreads. He's a magician / card sharp. He recently did an interview with the Times (sorry, can't find the link) so he'd probably like the publicity. Don't know him personally but he's on Grafton St every second day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Solarina

Damn! Ross is actually a friend so Id thought of him! Thanks a lot though,

I would love to find a female fire breather, I seem to work more with females than males in images for some reason,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Try here:http://www.emeraldcircus.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36.
    It's where all the jugglers, fire breathers etc. hang out.
    Good luck with your project.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Hey Solarina,
    Don't know if this will help at all but there's some female fire breathers working the odd time in Angel Lane in Limerick I've not seen them myself yet but heard a few stories back alright...my boyfriend has been doing it for years too but refuses to teach me (I use other fire stuff though devil sticks and poi and learning the hoolahoop :) cos there was a girl who trained with him who was diagnosed infertile from it after a year or so, he looked into it and found a few other cases of the same thing so he's just afraid of his life now its not just coincidence and refuses to be responsible for that happening to me, if anyone can contradict this please (especially if they can back it up like) let me know though cos I'm dyin to give it a go! Don't really fancy the idea of a childless future at the same time though!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robwhit

Hi NyquistFreak,

Does your boyfriend do gigs? Looking for a fire thrower for my wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 dreamcarnival

Try these guys. They fire breath, juggle fire poi and stiltwalk. I was working with them at a halloween gig in Civic offices.

www.thosefireguys.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bui Bolg

Bui Bolg will be producing an "Enlightenment Parade" in Enniscorthy on Saturday 6th March at 7.00pm

Preformances will include a Fire Float , Fire Breather, Fire Poi, Fire Devil Sticks and many other Fire preformers!

All are welcome! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

There's a fella that plays with fire most nights at the top of Grafton street? Can't miss him, wears leopard skin clothes..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elliesull

Does anyone know a fire breather who would be available on short notice...moucho urgento..help!

Advertisement