Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go in Wicklow tomorrow?

Options
  • 10-01-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Thinking of heading up to Wicklow for a bit of boarding tomorrow but really don't know the place. Could anyone point me into which direction to go? If I know what town in Wicklow to head for and the mountain near to it I'll google map directions from the town.

Thanks,
    OTB.

PS. Was up the Galtees with the board today. Not great tbh. Some small runs, the best was the path coming down from between Galtee Mor and Galtee Beag but couldn't really build up speed as there was a lot of walkers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Try Sally Gap road from East side. You should be able to drive up as far as the entrance gates to Luggala. From there walk/hike another km past the stranded Freelander and when the trees end, head up to the right. Great slope there. Was there Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Outsidethebox

Thanks PK.

What would be the main directions to there if I was coming from Bray?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Heading South on the N11, exit after the petrol station in Kilmacanogue and then go over the N11 and take the R755 for Roundwood. After about 10 or 15km there will be a turn to the right signposted Sally Gap.
    I imagine the snow ill be pretty wet today, but there should still be plenty of cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭flutes

Try Sally Gap road from East side. You should be able to drive up as far as the entrance gates to Luggala. From there walk/hike another km past the stranded Freelander and when the trees end, head up to the right. Great slope there. Was there Saturday.

its still there

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Outsidethebox

Nice shot flutes.

Would it be worth headin out there saturday for a few hours lads? Will there be enough of a base? Judging by that pic I'd imagine so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭flutes

couple of snaps!

Advertisement