Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

korg prophecy and a sequencer possible?

Options
  • 10-01-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

hi...i've had a korg prophecy for a while now but id like to hook it up to cubase and properly program arpeggiator patterns to metronome/drums ...do i need a third party program to do this?

i hear liam howlett swears by the korg and used it for much of fat of the land...but i doubt he was playing in real time live while recording.....

in general is it a pain in the ass to sequence old hardware synths with a pc:)?

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Should be simple enough, remember that's what midi was originally used for ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

No, it's simple and fun. Cubase has a great arp built in, you wouldn't need to bother with the one on the Korg. Nice synth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

ok cool, thanks for helping out a synth noob here ...so its kinda plug in midi to usb lead...open cubase and it should be able to trigger the prophecy via the cubase arp....once i set up midi routing correctly....pardon my lack of knowledge, im just so used to plugin synths....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Not sure how it works with a midi to usb lead but with a soundcard that has midi i/o you can just set up a midi track in cubase and assign the track to your midi out, have the midi out connected to midi in on the synth and just draw in your notes on cubase and press play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 legomonster

It is easy to do just:

Connect the korg to your midi interface,
    Set the midi channle on the korg to whatever you like ( 01 is probably good )

Make a midi track in cubase and set it's channel to the same as the prophecy and set the device to point at your midi interface.

You should then be able to get it to play patterns by putting in some piano roll gibberish on the relevant midi channel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement