Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO application question.

Options
  • 10-01-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am applying for graduate medicine this year. I did GAMSAT last year and got 62. There seems to be no option of submitting this on the CAO site when I applied. Do they get the results themselves from GAMSAT?

Also, If I do it again this year is it true to say I can use the best of the two results? ie if I got 63 this year use that but 61 then stick with last years one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

They get the results from GAMSAT directly afaik, and yes, you can use the better of the two results. Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭eagle_&_bear

heya,

According to the CAO website you register as normal and you then give your CAO number when you fill out the Gamsat registration and thats how they communicate between each other.

I suppose for you, you'd be best off ringing ACER directly and getting a straight forward answer just with deadlines fast approaching (early February 2010). I know it's costly to ring australia but save alot of flaffing about with the question

congrats on the 62 and well done. enjoy med school. hopefully see ya this september

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Thanks! Hoping 62 will be enough but I'll give it another bash anyway. I'll ring cao tomorrow to be sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

http://www2.cao.ie/downloads/documents/GraduateEntryMedicine2010.pdf
    GAMSAT Results
    • CAO will communicate with ACER in order to obtain the GAMSAT scores for Graduate Medicine applicants.
    • CAO will then write to all applicants who applied by 1 February 2010 and inform them of the results CAO has received. You will then have an opportunity to forward your results or a better result to CAO at that time. All GAMSAT results must be at CAO by 15 July 2010.

So they'll basically use your 2010 score in the first instance, but you will have the opportunity to forward a better score before July 15th if needs be.

Advertisement