Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Views on Global Warming

Options
  • 10-01-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Just been thinkin about this the last few days

So we're always being told things like our carbon footprint etc are the cause of global warming

But I randomly ended up readin about the Sun on wikipedia

The sun has a life cycle, and is half way through it. The further on it goes, the hotter the sun's temperature gets = hotter temp on Earth

Then I think of most biological things. Almost everything [if not everything] has a life span, even Earth

So, IMO humans aren't the sole cause of global warming

Not sayin we should stop bein environment friendly, just wanna put that point out there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

unreggd wrote: »
    Just been thinkin about this the last few days

So we're always being told things like our carbon footprint etc are the cause of global warming

But I randomly ended up readin about the Sun on wikipedia

The sun has a life cycle, and is half way through it. The further on it goes, the hotter the sun's temperature gets = hotter temp on Earth

Then I think of most biological things. Almost everything [if not everything] has a life span, even Earth

So, IMO humans aren't the sole cause of global warming

Not sayin we should stop bein environment friendly, just wanna put that point out there

I agree with you. "Green" issues are the new morality , - the new hippie movement if you will. It has become some sort of holier than thou religion.

There is a great documentary called - The Great Global Warming swindle, it was aired in 2007, there are some great points in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

There is a great documentary called - The Great Global Warming swindle, it was aired in 2007, there are some great points in it.

There's also a great documentary called "Expelled : No Intelligence Allowed". Both of them have great points, if only half of either of them were true it would be nice, real nice. Sadly though such is the nature of anti-science. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The sun is getting warmer.
    Most days get warmer as the sun rises.

The sun will take hundreds of millions of years to get very much warmer.
    Most of the CO2 from the fossil fuel has happened in the last 50 years , we are burning far, far more now than during the industrial revolution.

The point here is that the increase in CO2 is not natural.

Yes there have been major rises in CO2 in the past from natural causes, but many of them were associated with extinction events.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

I agree with you. "Green" issues are the new morality , - the new hippie movement if you will. It has become some sort of holier than thou religion.

Goes down particularly well in Colleges and Universities.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

There is already a thread on this subject

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement