Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranded in Gortmore/Kilmaley,Tullassa

Options
  • 10-01-2010 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Anyone have any idea what the roads are like from Loughville? Snow is falling heavily now, looks like I won't get back to Cork :-(

Any news re water? We're cut off here, but as usual Co.Council has ignored us! We're expected to do everything ourselves out here....neighbours gritted the roads etc. No support with the water shortage, there are depots giving water in Ennis....we have the little problem of not being able to get in to town! No updates on council website pertaining to any area near us.

Unfair treatment of rural dwellers by Co.Council, sick of it...:-(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think that part of the county is part of the County Council area, aren't you part of the Inagh Water Scheme out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

maveyb wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what the roads are like from Loughville? Snow is falling heavily now, looks like I won't get back to Cork :-(

Any news re water? We're cut off here, but as usual Co.Council has ignored us! We're expected to do everything ourselves out here....neighbours gritted the roads etc. No support with the water shortage, there are depots giving water in Ennis....we have the little problem of not being able to get in to town! No updates on council website pertaining to any area near us.

Unfair treatment of rural dwellers by Co.Council, sick of it...:-(

No, it's not an unfair treatment. It's just that the country is not prepared for such weather and the council is not God. The rest of Europe is far worse off, where people had to sleep in their cars on the motorway, where storms are pushing in high tides from the sea and whole villages are cut off.
    Just to give you some perspective.

You are expected to do everything yourselves? Neighbours are actually gritting the roads? And no nanny around to do something so you can sit there and be comfortable? Oh dear! How dare they to expect that ordinary decent people show some initiative! How awful to be forced to help yourself! And how awful that nobody is sitting in the council offices to update every 20 minutes with information nobody gives them.

Actually, I'm sick of all the moaning about what the council/the government has to do or not to do about the weather - when there are many ways to help yourself or do something about it. Or just do what everybody does: deal with it.

Advertisement