Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Vista Experience Index

Options
  • 10-01-2010 4:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, quick question that's bugging me ever so slightly about the windows Vista Experience Index, which rates the main areas of the computer and gives them a base score. I updated my nVidia card drivers with newer versions, and it told me to re-evaluate my computer for a new score.

After re-evaluating, my base score went down in the graphics field, I didnt even realise it could go down, do you think its just cos the computer is now a year old and isnt as good as the average nowadays, or have I done some harm to my machine?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭DarrenMSP

I've no idea how the Index actually goes about rating it, but I wouldn't worry. Its unlikely your done any harm to your PC.

But outta my curiousity, is it the graphics field or the gaming graphics that went down?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SoulReaperDan1

It was graphics, it went down from 5.9 to 5.0! Ah well I had to do a system restore anyways because the laptop wouldnt start up properly. Thanks

Advertisement