Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projectors

Options
  • 09-01-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

I am looking to build a flight simulator . i have a big room to use completely for this and wanted to use projectors to get the full wrap around graphics . i would prefer a military sim probably a jet, such as falcon 4 or lock on or similar . what i am looking for is advice, is it possible to run 5/6 projectors off one desk top with multiple video cards or what might be required . i used to have FS2002 but due to having a laptop for the last 3 years i havent used any of the newer sims . all advice gratefully accepted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Wow that sounds impressive, I know you can get a lot of software and hardare from the guys at Project Magenta who have been building home cockpits for years. http://www.projectmagenta.com/

I've only ever seen a system running one projector and a curved mirror for flightsim that was impressive, but basically there are lots of graphics cards with dual or quad outputs so you can run up to 4 displays from one PC.

You'll need a very high spec PC to get the most out of FSX and run all that other stuff too :)

Keep us updated on your progress, something i'd love to do when I buy a house one day is totally setup one room as a 737 cockpit :)

Advertisement