Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with college course!

Options
  • 09-01-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, just wondering which would be a more prestigious degree- Medicinal chemistry or some sort of engineering(software/computer). I think Trinity is the only place for Medicinal Chemistry. And if engineering, what college would be best recognised?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

theres Chemical Sciences with Medicinal Chemistry in DIT
    Pharmaceutical & Biomedical Chemistry in MAYNOOTH
    or biomedicinal science

trinity and ucd and cork uni there engineering course is recongised in many companies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Coadyguitar

ayumi wrote: »
    theres Chemical Sciences with Medicinal Chemistry in DIT
    Pharmaceutical & Biomedical Chemistry in MAYNOOTH
    or biomedicinal science

trinity and ucd and cork uni there engineering course is recongised in many companies

Why the **** would you waste your time responding to my question with a load of jibrish. It's of no relevence to my question that I can do a science course in a random college. Mayby you should read the question again(slowly this time) and ask yourself-can I provide any relevent info regarding medicinal chemistry in comparison to software engineering?wow...:some people are just stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Why the **** would you waste your time responding to my question with a load of jibrish. It's of no relevence to my question that I can do a science course in a random college. Mayby you should read the question again(slowly this time) and ask yourself-can I provide any relevent info regarding medicinal chemistry in comparison to software engineering?wow...:some people are just stupid

Says the guy who wants us to evaluate the prestige of courses...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Hi, just wondering which would be a more prestigious degree- Medicinal chemistry or some sort of engineering(software/computer). I think Trinity is the only place for Medicinal Chemistry. And if engineering, what college would be best recognised?:confused:

Prestige can be shoved up it's arse tbh.

As for what college is best for Engineering, Trinity seems to start out as a very wide course and narrow in after a couple of years. It also seems to be a very very tough course with a very high workload according to the people I know who do it.

RexMundi wrote: »
    Says the guy who wants us to evaluate the prestige of courses...

Are u suggesting I'm stupid for asking which course is better? Your making no sense...and there is no need to be an ass hole about it

• Advertisement

Are u suggesting I'm stupid for asking which course is better? Your making no sense...and there is no need to be an ass hole about it

More prestige doesn't mean better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

S/he was only trying to help...

Prestige can be shoved up it's arse tbh.

As for what college is best for Engineering, Trinity seems to start out as a very wide course and narrow in after a couple of years. It also seems to be a very very tough course with a very high workload according to the people I know who do it.

Thanks for answering my question :)

theowen wrote: »
    S/he was only trying to help...

Well if she must try And help, she should look at the quetion I asked first, and then reply instead of
    talking nonsense

More prestige doesn't mean better.

Please don't make a fool of yourself...look it up in the dictionary

• Advertisement

Please don't make a fool of yourself...look it up in the dictionary

Ok.
    Dictionary wrote:
    ...Originally, prestige referred to pomposity, which was taken as a sign of poor taste. In this regard, the word had strictly negative connotations. Indeed, the root of the word "prestige" comes from the Latin præstigum, meaning a delusion or a trick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Why the **** would you waste your time responding to my question with a load of jibrish. ... wow...:some people are just stupid
    And some people have a whole heap of attitude which they would do well to leave aside if they wish to participate in this forum.
    Look in a mirror, tbh.
    Well if she must try And help, she should look at the quetion I asked first, and then reply instead of talking nonsense
    Ayumi's first language is not English, yet she regularly contributes helpfully and generously to this forum. If she missed the thrust of your question on this occasion, big deal.

Banned for three days, come back with a better attitude. Were it not that you are new, it would be longer.

I suggest you read the Boards.ie FAQs in the interim.

EDIT: Oh, and prestigious does not mean better, it means better-known / recognised ... they're not always the same thing by any means.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement