Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willcard w/e bets

Options
  • 09-01-2010 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

I don't normally back on this,however made an exception this week
    Left the jets match out
    Did a treble Packers/Cowboys/Ravens
    Also backed the packers e/w to win the bowl at 22/1
    What do you experts think?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

heavyballs wrote: »
    Left the jets match out
    cheers

To be honest you will get a better answer on the betting side in the Betting Forum.

On the football side GB/Philly/Patriots is who I would go for.

Packers on a roll can see them winning a tight game against Cards. Will be a different encounter than last game.

Cowboys as solid as ever in December going into New Year but I just see the Eagles stepping up to nip this. something inside me says Eagles.

Patriots as a Pats fan and slightly bias :D I see us taking the Ravens. The Ravens like the Patriots haven't been the same team at times this year as they have in previous years. But even with Welker out I still see us taking this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Can't see Greenbay get anywhere near the Super bowl tbh. They should win this w/e though. i'd go for the Pats too, with Dallas over Philly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

To be honest you will get a better answer on the betting side in the Betting Forum.

i use the gambling forum a fair bit but i wanted opinions from real fans,i think AF is unique in terms of betting(hence why i don't generally get involved)as there are so many variables compared to say soccer or gaa

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

Left the jets match out
    cheers

Done the same treble as you, think this is a totally different ravens team to that the patriots beat earlier in the season!!
    Cowboys to win easily and GB to have too much for cardinal's defensively!!

deccy15 wrote: »
    Done the same treble as you, think this is a totally different ravens team to that the patriots beat earlier in the season!!

here's hoping,i wonder will 2 boxes of Miller do me over the 2 nihts?looking forward to it,the wife and kids farmed out tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

deccy15 wrote: »

Different team? How do you maintain that? The Patriots were out rushed and out passed in the last game. The Ravens lost the game due some bad offensive errors that lost them other games during the season. The Ravens have not been a great team this year and neither have the Patriots. To be honest the are evenly matched right now and it could go either way. But to say the Ravens are not the same team is ridiculous when they were the better team when they lost the first time round and went 9-7 on the season and they had a much easier schedule than the Pats. No excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

On the football side GB/Philly/Patriots is who I would go for.

Packers on a roll can see them winning a tight game against Cards. Will be a different encounter than last game.

Cowboys as solid as ever in December going into New Year but I just see the Eagles stepping up to nip this. something inside me says Eagles.

Patriots as a Pats fan and slightly bias :D I see us taking the Ravens. The Ravens like the Patriots haven't been the same team at times this year as they have in previous years. But even with Welker out I still see us taking this one.

I firmly believe the Cowboys will take this one. Iv got the opposite gut feeling :)

The past three games have seen the Cowboys take on a new mantle, and Tony Romo finally had a good December ! Even the early month defeats to the Giants, and the Chargers (my bet for Superbowl), had nothing to do with his performance. This is the polar opposite to his slump in 2007, and the defeats to the Eagles and the Skins which could easily be attributed to his poor throwing.

If the same defensive performance which has occured for the majority of the past three games, and the attacking prowess maintains itself, I can see the Cowboys taking it !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,223 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Have done Philly/Green Bay/Patriots

Nice little return if i get all the wins.

unlucky mate,i dont know bout you but i'm not overly impressed with Cowboys,is it just cause d'eagles are playin so *rap

Nevermind :D.

I'll get it back tomorrow with my accumulator on the roundball kind of football :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i did jets +2.5, 'boys -4, ravens +3 and cards (scr). 2 in, 2 to go

Left the jets match out
    cheers

just waiting on Packers now,happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 37,953 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

just waiting on Packers now,happy days
    Imo they let you down. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

pack not starting well

Took the Packers at 3/1 when down by 14.

pure sheite

Gutted.

Still up on the week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

evil_seed wrote: »
    i did jets +2.5, 'boys -4, ravens +3 and cards (scr). 2 in, 2 to go

1st bet I've clicked all yr in the NFL :D:D:D

Advertisement