Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a hip tattoo

Options
  • 09-01-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi, I'm 16 and I want to get a tattoo. I've decided to get it on my hip bone but I can't decide what design to get. I just want something small. If any of you guys have a picture or any suggstions they would be much appreciated! Oh btw I live in Louth just wondering if anybody knows where a good place to get it done is??!!

Thanks
    x
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

Why dont you get a tattoo of a hip bone, on your hip bone? then everyone would know where it is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

No one good or with a shred of morality will tattoo a 16 year old. Your body will change shape as you mature, as will your views on what you like.

Wait 2 years, think about it more and just try be patient

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xilovejedwardx

Will wrote: »
    No one good or with a shred of morality will tattoo a 16 year old. Your body will change shape as you mature, as will your views on what you like.

Wait 2 years, think about it more and just try be patient

I definitely want a tattoo, but that's why I've decided to go with a small one! And I think 16 is old enough to get a tattoo!

x

All well and good but unfortunately for you anyone good will not tattoo anyone under 18 :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

All well and good but unfortunately for you anyone good will not tattoo anyone under 18 :-/

hmmmm i beg to differ! 16 is legal so most will. i think snakebite will coz i know a 12 year old who got there lip pierced there

• Advertisement

Anyway........any one know any good small designs I could get?? Was thinking maybe a heart or a star...what do you think?? Please leave a comment I really want different people's opinions!

x

hmmmm i beg to differ! 16 is legal so most will. i think snakebite will coz i know a 12 year old who got there lip pierced there

I know for a fact that both Rob and Steve would never pierce anyone that age, even with parents there. Seen it many times. Also Lena is very strict on asking for ID, I suggest you retract your statement fairly sharpish

xILoveJedwardx - giving you a chance here to sort of realise what you want to get done won't happen. I could just close the thread :-/ up to you

I know for a fact that both Rob and Steve would never pierce anyone that age, even with parents there. Seen it many times. Also Lena is very strict on asking for ID, I suggest you retract your statement fairly sharpish

xILoveJedwardx - giving you a chance here to sort of realise what you want to get done won't happen. I could just close the thread :-/ up to you

Look I'm just looking for ideas, no offence but I don't think it's up to you if I get one or not. My parents are letting me so there shouldn't be an issue! I was just hoping that someone could help me in deciding which tattoo I would like! I appreciate your comments but seriously chillax!

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I think if you want something done - you need to pick out a design, put the picture up where you'll see it every day, and see if you don't get sick of it.
    As said no decent place will tattoo someone under 18, so unless you want a botched job I suggest you wait.

People can suggest lots of different ideas for a tattoo but it's your body and you who is stuck with it for the rest of your life so you need to choose something that you like, not just what other people think is cool.

A friend of mine spent a good year thinking about what tattoo and if she really loved the design and a year later she still felt the same about it so she got it, and she's really happy with it. (and she was well over 18)

Look I'm just looking for ideas, no offence but I don't think it's up to you if I get one or not. My parents are letting me so there shouldn't be an issue! I was just hoping that someone could help me in deciding which tattoo I would like! I appreciate your comments but seriously chillax!

x

I'm not saying you can't get it done at all. I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find some scratcher who will scrawl some piece of flash on you. Whats another two years for something that's gonna be on you for life?

I mean you don't even know what you want.

I'm mucho chilled fear not :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Lulz, omglyk totally get jedwards faces tattooed on your hip.

Seriously though, the very fact that you're asking a load of strangers on an internet forum what to get done screams that you're just looking to get a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo or to be cool. Find a design you like, stick with it, if you don't get sick of it then get it tattooed when you hit 18. Nowhere reputable will tattoo you under 18, so I suppose it's your choice. Either wait and get something you love tattooed on you properly which will probably look good, or go for it now and get some crappy piece of flash done poorly, look cool to your mates for a year and then hate it for the rest of your life. I know what I'd choose.

Kersmash wrote: »
    Lulz, omglyk totally get jedwards faces tattooed on your hip.

Seriously though, the very fact that you're asking a load of strangers on an internet forum what to get done screams that you're just looking to get a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo or to be cool. Find a design you like, stick with it, if you don't get sick of it then get it tattooed when you hit 18. Nowhere reputable will tattoo you under 18, so I suppose it's your choice. Either wait and get something you love tattooed on you properly which will probably look good, or go for it now and get some crappy piece of flash done poorly, look cool to your mates for a year and then hate it for the rest of your life. I know what I'd choose.

Unfortunately can't fit Jedward faces on my hip bone!!! lol
    Seriously, I'm not getting a tattoo to be "cool", I just really want one! And I put this up here because I wanted to see if people my age had got one and what they had done! Like this isn't something I just randomly decided this morning I wanted..I've wanted one for about 6 months and because I'm 17 in a few months my parents said I could get one! I don't see what the big deal is about getting one....look around at all the under-age drinkers and smokers out there and your saying I shouldn't get a small little drawing on my hip bone!!

yeah but if you drink or smoke it's not stuck to your body for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

You should olike totally get a bird or something rad like this

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/l_c3c26c49b0eada3b71f23da6c489b528.jpg

:D

(Listen to Will, he may be ginger but he seems to know what he's talking about)

I think you're missing the point people are making. They are trying to give you the best advice nothing more, nothing less.

What Will is saying is that while you may find someone that will tattoo you, the type of artists who will tattoo a 16 year old are not the type of people you should be getting a tattoo from as they are generally not very good. Any good tattooist (which is what you're looking for I assume), will ask you to wait til you're 18.

Also, you definitely definitely shouldn't be asking a bunch of strangers what you should get, you are the only person who knows what you like, you are the only person who the tattoo should be for and therefore it should be something you love.

I suggest that you don't go into a tattoo shop and pick out a design. The pictures in those books are generic. And I'm sure you don't want to be generic. Think about what you want, what would really express you best and then talk to a tattooist about what you're thinking, if they tell you go back to the books and pick something then you should avoid them. They're not an artist.

People here are only trying to help, you're in a forum where people are very passionate about tattoos so take their advice. They know what they're talking about :)

yeah but if you drink or smoke it's not stuck to your body for life

Yeah but a tattoo won't kill me in later life..!

you may die of shame in later years if you end up with a tattoo you don't like

I think you're missing the point people are making. They are trying to give you the best advice nothing more, nothing less.

What Will is saying is that while you may find someone that will tattoo you, the type of artists who will tattoo a 16 year old are not the type of people you should be getting a tattoo from as they are generally not very good. Any good tattooist (which is what you're looking for I assume), will ask you to wait til you're 18.

Also, you definitely definitely shouldn't be asking a bunch of strangers what you should get, you are the only person who knows what you like, you are the only person who the tattoo should be for and therefore it should be something you love.

I suggest that you don't go into a tattoo shop and pick out a design. The pictures in those books are generic. And I'm sure you don't want to be generic. Think about what you want, what would really express you best and then talk to a tattooist about what you're thinking, if they tell you go back to the books and pick something then you should avoid them. They're not an artist.

People here are only trying to help, you're in a forum where people are very passionate about tattoos so take their advice. They know what they're talking about :)

I totally get that, I just really hate when people generalise you because of your age! I understand that people are telling me I should wait, and maybe I will regret it later but right now I feel that it's right for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You're asking what other people your age got tattoo'd ... why though?

The only person who the tattoo matters to is you - you need to find something you like and you need to keep that design with you for even a few more months and see if you don't get sick of it.

People here are only looking out for you because a tattoo is permanent, even if you did and could afford to get it lasered off you're still left with a mark. They're saying if you really really want it, you should be willing to wait, to make sure it's the design you *really* want, and to make sure you get it done decently.

you may die of shame in later years if you end up with a tattoo you don't like

I can get it removed though... it's not as easy to remove lung or liver cancer!

• Advertisement

Feel like I'm talkin to the wall here :(

if you go get a tattoo with the idea that it isn't permanent you're going down the wrong path

I can get it removed though... it's not as easy to remove lung or liver cancer!

Have a quick google on tattoo removal. It's a total and utter nightmare, painful, ridiculously expensive, it takes many return trips to a clinic and may not even work!

It may not be cancer, but it's there for everyone to see forever.

Why do you want to get a tattoo?

star-pants wrote: »
    You're asking what other people your age got tattoo'd ... why though?

The only person who the tattoo matters to is you - you need to find something you like and you need to keep that design with you for even a few more months and see if you don't get sick of it.

People here are only looking out for you because a tattoo is permanent, even if you did and could afford to get it lasered off you're still left with a mark. They're saying if you really really want it, you should be willing to wait, to make sure it's the design you *really* want, and to make sure you get it done decently.

Ok.... I put this up here just for ideas, I might not even end up getting the tattoo but I just really feel that this is something I want to do and I don't usually regret decisions that I make if I feel very strongly at the time about. I appreciate every comment that people are putting up here!

x

I'm just gonna close this. She isn't listening and it's just a tad bit frustrating.

Shoulda closed it well before but was trying to be nice :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just wanted to add something for the OP:

If you want to be sure that you won't regret what you get, you really would be better to wait till you are 18 and at that stage you will be able to get tattooed by a decent artist! And you can use the time between now and then to choose a design that you know you will love!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement