Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a...?

Options
  • 09-01-2010 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

second hand copy of a retro game (specifically Mario Kart 64) and a N64 controller, would any places in town do them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

I think ebay is your friend there mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Or a "wanted" ad on www.adverts.ie .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

chilly wrote: »
    Or a "wanted" ad on www.adverts.ie .

Will have a look on adverts again, no paypal for ebay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

dmcg90 wrote: »

Aww that's a curse.Maybe a friend would buy it for you if they have paypal.I've done it for friends lots of times.

There's a "wanted" section where you can request something on adverts.Trying that might be better than just looking through ads.Good luck.

...... sign up for it? :confused:

They can draw from a bank account, or you can get a credit card, or you can just get a 3V card and top that up https://www.3v.ie/
    They cost nothing, E2.50 top up charge, and topped up in a few places, nothing is out of your reach if your willing to look hard enough :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I have both:) And a bunch of other retro consoles/games.

All bought on Ebay. You'll find anything on there

Col200sx wrote: »
    I have both:) And a bunch of other retro consoles/games.

All bought on Ebay. You'll find anything on there

Wish there was a shop in town that did retro gams/systems.... an opening in the market there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I recently hooked up my N64 and mario kart to my 42" hdtv... multiplayer heaven :D

Get onto ebay op!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Wish there was a shop in town that did retro gams/systems.... an opening in the market there!

I agreee, would be cool to be able to go in and see all the old-school games/consoles and buy them there and then.

But when you can get games as cheap as you can on Ebay it's too easy.

I picked up Goldeneye (probably best game made for N64) and V Rally delivered from UK for £2.50. Bargain:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Eyre Square shopping centre has two places that does games I think, one upstairs and one downstairs by he escalators.

Moved to Games section.

• Advertisement

Magnus wrote: »
    Eyre Square shopping centre has two places that does games I think, one upstairs and one downstairs by he escalators.

Moved to Games section.

Cheers Magnus, looked in Gamestop in there, they dont do N64 games anymore, don't think there is another Game store downstairs. Theres HMV, Game on Eglington St, Smyths, Xtravision, Tesco and Argos that do games and none do N64 anymore :(

Oh and wooo 1000th post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well hopefully the Galwegians here in Arcade & Retro will point you in the right direction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure I've a second copy of mario kart 64. I'll have a look for you. Can't get you a controller. I've 3 mysel but only 1 has an analogue stick you don't have to fight with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tommy666

i have mario artk 64 on my laptop ona rom i also have a nintendo64 emulater i think its easier this way then ebay also you buy usb n64 comtrollers i can post link to a great site that does the emulater and roms if you like or pm me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

tommy666 wrote: »
    i have mario artk 64 on my laptop ona rom i also have a nintendo64 emulater i think its easier this way then ebay also you buy usb n64 comtrollers i can post link to a great site that does the emulater and roms if you like or pm me

Oh no you wont! Please read the charter before posting in future or you might end up taking a weeks holiday from the Arcade & Retro forum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

do not fret about not having a paypal account,some sellers will accept postal orders/personal cheques as payment,so check the listing for payment methods...

Advertisement