Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moby's early rave stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

some savage tracks he made back in the day alright. hes gone a bit pop these days, but maybe he'll make a proper dance album again in the near future, hopefully!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've seen him live a few times and he always plays a good few of his early stuff.

Class act!

hes deadly alright no question, i'd like 2 see what style he'd go 4 now tho in dance if he was 2 make a new dance album, hopefully wouldn't be electro oriented...2 much of that goin around these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I'd say he's probably bored of rave stuff, although you never know.

He's certainly very talented. I'd love to hear him make a new "classic rave" sort of album.

Mobility is another class track.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Do people know he actually only took his first ecstasy tablet a few years ago and never took anything back in the day, and is quoted as saying despite making some amazing tunage he "never got what the scene was really about" until he actually took his first pill and it all fell into place (ahhh the memmorable first ever pill:o:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I'd say he's probably bored of rave stuff, although you never know.

He's certainly very talented. I'd love to hear him make a new "classic rave" sort of album.

He did. It was released over a year ago and was called "Last night". More dance than "classic rave" though.

wax wrote: »
    He did. It was released over a year ago and was called "Last night". More dance than "classic rave" though.

must have a scope around 4 that so. is it any use, did you here any of the tracks on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

es-cee wrote: »
    must have a scope around 4 that so. is it any use, did you here any of the tracks on it?
    Yea its ok. Not as good as some of his stuff. I've been a fan of all his different styles over the years
    Have a gander at these...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETmvSj2PUuQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ8ERMxNel0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy_oabU77GY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I've seen him live a few times and he always plays a good few of his early stuff.

Class act!

He had bottles thrown at him one night in Dublin, SFX he took out a guitar and the crowd started fecking bottles at him, so he threw the decks and the mike off the stage.

:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 OV

Best Moby track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuXn9ZaLJH4

Also, anyone know why I can't embed youtube videos?? I just get an empty white box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

you need to take out the entire code so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv4fINyxVfA becomes sv4fINyxVfA, then enbed the last part

this is from his last album, kinda has an oldskool feel to it, i liked it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

ntlbell wrote: »
    He had bottles thrown at him one night in Dublin, SFX he took out a guitar and the crowd started fecking bottles at him, so he threw the decks and the mike off the stage.

:eek::eek:
    that was my old mate Dermo God rest his soul he died in 98 who threw the bottle at Moby as he came on stage and started playing heavy metal to a Rave audience:eek:

jonny68 wrote: »
    that was my old mate Dermo God rest his soul he died in 98 who threw the bottle at Moby as he came on stage and started playing heavy metal to a Rave audience:eek:

Really? haha.

The promoter forced him to come back out, so he played records and refused to mix them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

jonny68 wrote: »

what a disgusting thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

jtsuited wrote: »
    what a disgusting thing to do.
    just shows that they wernt there for the music

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

doesnt it show that they WERE there for the music but not for him to come out with a feckin guitar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The mixed version of everything is wrong is fantastic... Well worth checking out if you like his older, ravier tunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

copeyhagen wrote: »
    doesnt it show that they WERE there for the music but not for him to come out with a feckin guitar
    they were there just to 'rave away' you know.... not the musician. hardly genuine fans were they?

• Advertisement

they were there just to 'rave away' you know.... not the musician. hardly genuine fans were they?

Don't there's anyone excusing the bottle throwing. It was a stupid thing to do.

All the acts on the night were dance acts, you have a crowd of e munchers rocking and then moby comes out with a guitar and a singer.

I personally couldn't have given two hoots what he played, that's the sort of "place" I was in and the "fans" of moby were probablt not "fans" of his guitar solo's but of the many hits he brought out and I'm sure that's what they were there to hear.

he should have known it wouldn't go down well, this wasn't the expirmental rock tent and electric picnic it was a few hundred "ravers" I would have thought with his expirience he would have been watching previous acts and got a feel for thr crowd and what they wanted to hear.

so to some extent i could understand people's fustration's but throwing bottles went to far, there was a huge amount of booing too, which i think led to decks/mic getting flung off the stage in fact IIRC he through a very heavy stand into the crowd which was equally stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I was in the SFX that night, I think it was about October 1995. I headed down after the usual Bohs match on the Friday night. I had seen him earlier in the year at the Tivoli and he was awesome, fantastic. But right from the start of this gig there was a bad drunken vibe around the gig.

Liquid Wheel were on beforehand and rocked the place, really stole the show. Moby came on and did Thousand while standing on the speakers, bottles were being thrown at him at this satge and then he took out the guitar and the crowd booed him. He lost the plot and stormed off. He came back on and did two more tunes and that was it, 40 minutes.

A DJ had to cover the rest of the night, cant remember who it was, could have been Pressure. That was the first night I heard Access by DJ Misjah, but in all very very disappointed with the gig.

:(

bohsboy wrote: »
    I was in the SFX that night, I think it was about October 1995. I headed down after the usual Bohs match on the Friday night. I had seen him earlier in the year at the Tivoli and he was awesome, fantastic. But right from the start of this gig there was a bad drunken vibe around the gig.

Liquid Wheel were on beforehand and rocked the place, really stole the show. Moby came on and did Thousand while standing on the speakers, bottles were being thrown at him at this satge and then he took out the guitar and the crowd booed him. He lost the plot and stormed off. He came back on and did two more tunes and that was it, 40 minutes.

A DJ had to cover the rest of the night, cant remember who it was, could have been Pressure. That was the first night I heard Access by DJ Misjah, but in all very very disappointed with the gig.

:(

Liquid wheel :pac::pac: Forgot all about that.

If that was your first time hearing access it must have been your first time to see Mark Kavanagh! he was always belting it out, one of the stand out tunes of the time for me, but the radio ruined it for me :mad:

Advertisement