Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Street Interview - Advice would be much appreciated.

Options
  • 09-01-2010 1:33am

State Street Interview – Advice would be much appreciated.
    Hi All,
    I was contacted by State Street today and offered an interview for an entry level position (Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group). I graduated in September with a Bachelor of Commerce (Economics Major). I have a year’s work experience in Accountancy & Finance through a combination of summer internships and a six month term of college work placement.
    Like most graduates in this recession I am struggling to find work. I would appreciate some advice from any past or present State Street employees in relation to the interview process, the company culture, benefits and remuneration and opportunities for further learning, training and development.
    The position is described on jobs.ie as that of a ‘Fund Administrator’’. I am aware that State Street has a fairly high turnover of staff and seems to be constantly recruiting (graduates in particular for fund accounting roles). I am concerned about the long term career prospects in the funds industry, but realistic enough to realise that in the recession every position warrants consideration. All feedback is welcome.
    Thanks guys,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Be prepared for the interview being in two different buildings in different parts of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Curl52

I previously worked there 2 years ago and yes the turnover is very high but this is the case in alot of fund administration companies. Most people hate the work that is involved and want to get out of it but in this economy I would not advise turning anything down. While the work is terrible, the profile of the company is young, there is plenty of training and they do promote from within. The interview will be competency based but as it is a graduate job it should not be too tough, just show enthusiasm for the job and company.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Dont worry about the high turnover, it means that theres more scope for promotion. I did an interview with them a a while back for a position in their Corporate Actions department, It was a fairly straight forward interview just a run through of my CV and a fairly detailed chat about my previous experience. They didnt ask me anything about the history of the company or anything like that.

Had the interview today. Apparently I should know the outcome in the next two weeks. I got a fairly good impression of the company, interviewers were friendly and gave me the opportunity to ask numerous questions. It looks like an excellent opportunity and I hope I get an offer. Thanks for all the help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Regarding asking them lots of questions, I find it hard to come up with them

Of course I have loads, but the fear that I should know the answer already or that the interviewer doesnt want to answer is kind of annoying

Any specific no go areas? :confused:
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 cofree2009

Hi WasBornToBoogie,

I have an interview with Statestreet this week. I was wondering what type of questions they asked you? Also if you got the job what is it like to work there?

cofree2009

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

cofree2009 wrote: »
    Hi WasBornToBoogie,

I have an interview with Statestreet this week. I was wondering what type of questions they asked you? Also if you got the job what is it like to work there?

cofree2009

Have you got a contact email for their HR department?
    If so could you please pm it to me.

Thanks
    Ace

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads have any of you got a phone number or an email address for the human resources department. I need to try get a reference before Friday morning and i can't seem to get through on the number on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads have any of you got a phone number or an email address for the human resources department. I need to try get a reference before Friday morning and i can't seem to get through on the number on the website.

JobStreetSupport@statestreet.com

Advertisement