Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smurfit Masters - Any entitlements?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently in 4th year of a business course and am naturally thinking of progressing to do a Masters in UCD Smurfit next year. However the fee of 12,500 is posing as a deterrant rather than a pulling point into getting me to do this course.

I currently recieve the non-adjacant VEC grant for level 8, for which I'm very greatful, but with a new baby at home and an extra mouth to feed, i just don't think it'll be feasible to fund a masters on my part-time wages and the grant I'm currently on... which leads to my query - Are there any addtional sources of funding, i.e, grants or scholarships available to me which might make that fee a bit more achievable for me? I really want to do the course (International Business) and I feel it would be a missed opportunity if I can't afford to get in the door of the place!

Any advice/feedback much appreciated in advance!

Regards,

LT :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 landsbury

Hi LT,

If you already receive that grant you will be entitled to a grant for the MSc also, this will cover about €6500 in fees and also the maintenance that you already receive. There are also merit/need based scholarships that you can apply for once you have submitted your application.

One word of warning though, really make sure that you have researched the course and that it is something you think is beneficial. I'm currently in Smurfit studying an MSc and feel that it has been a waste of money overall for what you will get out of it.

L

Advertisement