Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're Home!

Options
  • 08-01-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

I didn't think we were ever going to get here with the snow, but me and baby Megan came home yesterday after what seemed like the longest pregnancy ever!

I started getting pains on Sunday night about 10, between 8-20 minutes apart. Assumed it was my uterus playing tricks on me again so went to bed as normal but the pains continued. Waters went about 04:30 and left for the hospital about an hour later. Pains were coming every 2 minutes on the way up but still bearable! By the time I was seen at 7, I was 2cm dilated.

Got an epidural but it didn't work at all! I'm sure this is probably my fault as I couldn't stay still, but also due to the incompetence of the doctor who apparently was trying to put the epidural in whilst I was having the pains and not inbetween!

Anyway, by 10 I was fully dilated and started pushing but the head was very high. Baby started getting distressed and needed to have blood samples taken. The plan was if the samples were ok she'd be sucked out, and if not it'd be a section. The samples came back good so that was a relief.

Then the consultanat anaesthatist arrived and resited the epidural. Within minutes the pain was gone and I was as happy as a pig in muck! No time for enjoying it tho, 3 pushes/pulls later and little Megan came into the world crying and healthy weighing 8lb 13 oz!

Labour was worse than I thought it was going to be, but not so bad that I wouldn't do it again. I don't know how women do it without an epidural! It was very weird being on the other side of things after working there.

They were really good and got me a bed on the Merrion Wing after. Although I would've been happy enough anywhere once I had a healthy baby.

All is going really well now, Megan was a bit unsettled last night being the first night at home, but hopefully tonight she'll be better! She's feeding reallywell, breastfeeding has come very naturally so far which I'm relieved at. Only problems are the pain 'down there' and that I lost a lot of blood so I'm very anaemic. Spend half my time feeling quite drunk! Haven't been to the toilet yet so don't want to start taking the iron!

Chet was great through the labour, very level headed and seemed quite relaxed! He's being fantastic now we're home too, doing all the washing and cooking the dinner while I feed. He's changed 5 or 6 nappies too which is impressive!

Anyway, glad its all over! Now the real fun begins!

Have we heard anything of Cbyrd? Hoping that all has gone well for her and her little bundle of joy :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations!

No word from cbyrd yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Congrats Crazy! Great to hear all went well and you and your bundle are safe and well.

I have to admit it's reassuring to hear such an honest and simple description of the whole 'ordeal' warts and all, especially when you've seen it all from both sides! Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

cbyrd had a baby boy, Ben. Posted in the Pregnancy thread earlier on!

Glad to hear everything went well. They took blood from Addisons head also when she was in distress her poor little head had sores all over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Well done crazy! My lad is 12 weeks now but it seems like ages since labour....maybe we block it out:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Congrats to you and Chet :)
    And welcome to the world baby Megan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Congrats! Too long to read now. Banjaxed. I'll have a look tomorrow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Delighted to hear your good news Crazy Cat Lady, congratulations to you and OH on welcoming baby Megan to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Congrats CCL! Love the name too. :) Hope you are baby are doig well. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Huge congrats, see ya in parenting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

congrats crazy cat lady!! i had a baby in holles street 3 weeks ago and i was just wondering what the merrion wing is?? i saw the signs for it while i was there and now im just being nosy!! haha. is it the private ward or something!
    well done again xx

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Congrats CCL!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

congrats crazy cat lady!! i had a baby in holles street 3 weeks ago and i was just wondering what the merrion wing is?? i saw the signs for it while i was there and now im just being nosy!! haha. is it the private ward or something!
    well done again xx

yep its the private ward

Advertisement