Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scans

Options
  • 08-01-2010 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

Hope everyone is in good form.

Can anyone tell me what weeks you get scanned when public (Clonmel, Tipperary).

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Hey WWC
    I think its normally 12 weeks..Im in Cork at mine was at 13 weeks but that was becoz i thought the doctor had sent in an appointment for me and she hadnt so i had to do it myself.Have you checked with the hospital??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I didn't get my first appointment + scan til I was 19 weeks.
    That was after the doc sending 2 letters to the hospital requesting an appt :rolleyes:

My friend is up in Cavan and she had her first appointment + scan at 8 weeks.
    I think it really depends on the hospital/what their waiting lists are like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

On my first pregnancy I paid for a private scan at 12 weeks and then got my anomaly scan with the Rotunda in Dublin at 19 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

My first hospital scan was at 20 weeks, was lucky though as my GP has a scanner.

Friend of mine wasn't due a scan in the same hospital until 20 wks, but contacted her GP and got an appointment in the early pregnancy clinic at 11wks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Missus at 12 weeks, then 22 weeks.

Getting a private 4D scan in the next couple of weeks at 24 weeks is the minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Only got one scan at 17 weeks. Paid for a private viability scan at 10 weeks. Don't know what's the norm in your area is OP

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MorrisseyMc

Differnt everywhere. Ususally make booking scan appt on first appt with hospital . I think its usually before 12 weeks with Clonmel hosp.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 WWC

HI,

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Ive had my first scan there at 14 weeks, just wondering how many more scans they do. Is it just one towards end of pregnancy?

New to all of this....:)

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

I was told at my 12 week that i wouldnt get another one until the end of the pregnancy so im assuming around 20 weeks..
    This is only what ive been told though so it might be best to check with yer midwife / gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I'm 25 weeks and under clonmel as well (dr vijay).

Not finding their scans great. Due to problems and recurrent miscarriages i had a scan every week in the gynae. Then under normal care it goes as follows

I had my 12 weeks scan at 13 weeks. Next one was 6 weeks later which was my 20 week scan, this was at 19 weeks for me. They do not to anomaly scans in clonmel, its a 30 second scan basically with no picture or anything.

My next scan was for 7 weeks later, so i have that one on Monday. I will let you know what the next scan is after that.

So in summary its
    12 weeks.
    20 weeks
    27 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 WWC

Hi Going Demented,

Sorry to hear about the problems & miscarriages, i'm sure everything will go well this time.

Was in Clonmel yesterday (28wks & 5d). Had a 30 second scan :( They really don't give you much time to look at baby. Long enough though for doc to explain that pain under right ribs is due to baby's spine pressing against it....fun:rolleyes:.

I asked if they could estimate baby's birthy weight and was told that its too early yet, they'll do that closer to due date so Im presuming I'll have another scan before babs arrives....here's hoping anway.

Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy x

Advertisement