Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian Supermarket north co dublin??

Options
  • 08-01-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone knows of an Asian Supermarket North County Dublin?
    I'm living in Skerries area but can only think of Asian stores in City Centre

(not that we'll be going far in this weather!)

Thanks a bunch
    Nic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

i go to a shop in swords .......if you go down main street coming from the pavillions go right down the end and take left just after abrakebra and about 50meters up that road there's a car park to the left and the asian shop is just in there on your right..
    i go there all the time ...really cheap....big bag of red birds eye chillis for 75c ...bargin
    here's a map......it's where "c" is marked
    http://maps.google.com/maps?source=s_q&q=swords&ie=UTF8&hl=en&split=1&sll=53.458735,-6.22148&sspn=0.011038,0.027595&rq=1&ev=zi&radius=0.57&hq=swords&hnear=&ll=53.46281,-6.22148&spn=0.011037,0.027595&z=15&iwloc=A&cid=11332024248190483163>

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There's a chinese place up in Smithfield at the top of Bowe street, across the road from the italian wholesalers.

edit: Whoops, sorry missed the County bit there :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

del88 wrote: »
    i go to a shop in swords .......if you go down main street coming from the pavillions go right down the end and take left just after abrakebra and about 50meters up that road there's a car park to the left and the asian shop is just in there on your right..
    i go there all the time ...really cheap....big bag of red birds eye chillis for 75c ...bargin
    here's a map......it's where "c" is marked
    http://maps.google.com/maps?source=s_q&q=swords&ie=UTF8&hl=en&split=1&sll=53.458735,-6.22148&sspn=0.011038,0.027595&rq=1&ev=zi&radius=0.57&hq=swords&hnear=&ll=53.46281,-6.22148&spn=0.011037,0.027595&z=15&iwloc=A&cid=11332024248190483163>

It's called the Castle shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

Del88, thanks so much for your post, I went there today with the intention of buying some coconut milk, Chinese pancakes and curry paste but came out with two bags full of stuff! Had me scouring Internet for receipes when I got home and managed to make a really tasty chicken massaman curry tonight
    ;)

however, I have 2 ducks in the fridge and can't seem to get those pancakes anywhere for crispy aromatic duck, I'll have to post a new thread on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Del88, thanks so much for your post, I went there today with the intention of buying some coconut milk, Chinese pancakes and curry paste but came out with two bags full of stuff! Had me scouring Internet for receipes when I got home and managed to make a really tasty chicken massaman curry tonight
    ;)

however, I have 2 ducks in the fridge and can't seem to get those pancakes anywhere for crispy aromatic duck, I'll have to post a new thread on it

Glad to help..........chicken massaman curry sounds nice (7.45 in the morning and i'd love a curry just thinking about it).
    Have a go at making the pancakes yourself, found this on the bbc we site.

For the pancakes
    225g/8oz strong white flour
    175ml/6fl oz boiling water

1)place the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the boiling water and stir to form a dough. Tip the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for 2-3 minutes, or until the dough is smooth.
    2) Cut the dough into 16 pieces and roll each piece into a thin pancake.
    3) Heat a frying pan until hot and fry each pancake for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until pale golden-brown. Keep the pancakes warm until ready to serve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

that shop in Swords is great, just back bought loads, the guy who runs it is real nice too, was very happy to help. good call

Advertisement