Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ynchenxi

Options
  • 08-01-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

has anyone ever heard of these, well they somehow hacked into my email and send a mail supposedly from me to anyone in my contacts list saying...

Hey
    How are you these days? I bought one apple iphone 3gs black from this website www.ynchenxi.com to my surprise,it's original,but much cheaper.You can check it,Hope everything well.
    Regards

can anything be done about this, advice?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Did you visit that site or any other similar site recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

no, though i did get the same message from a friend 3 days before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Happened to me too...can;t figure out how exactly. I have a few suspicions:
    I logged into my email on either a PC with a keylogger
    Or the network it was connected to had a router with hacked DNS settings...

Bloody annoying and worrying - had to change my password for life...

the f***ers got in again and deleted some of my mails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Sometimes if you view those mails from a friend it can act as a trojan and send spam. These emails are very clever and cost the spammers a lot of money. Firstly can you tell me the following:

1. Is your email in hotmail, gmail or something similar or is it a dedicated email like info@durkadurka.com?

2. Have you changed your password since the intial hack?

3. have you deleted these emails permanantly?

4. have you a good antivirus installed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

There's some sort of malware on your pc. Either format it, re-install and then change your passwords, or see if you can remove it with a virus scanner and then change your passwords.

Fusion net;

i did get the mail originally from a friend originally if thats what you mean,

my mail is hotmail, i changed the password after the 2nd time, they seem to have deleted the mails themselves (i wanted to keep one for reporting etc) and my pc has superantispyware

thanks

Advertisement