Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving while entangled?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I have a druid. I had a duel with a rogue. He kept moving while he was entangled a number of times. How was that happening?
    He'd suggested the duel for 15g. I won but he refused to pay because he considered using roots cheating apparently :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rogues can get out of entangling effects a few different ways i think. Cloak of Shadows (not 100% this effects roots) and Killing Spree. Improved Sprint does it as well iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

yeah cloak of shadow, imp sprint, shadow step and then racials :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Kiith wrote: »
    Rogues can get out of entangling effects a few different ways i think. Cloak of Shadows (not 100% this effects roots) and Killing Spree. Improved Sprint does it as well iirc.
    From what I saw he was rooted though just still moving with the roots on him. He appeared to teleport short distances

Is it possible to check combat logs after logging out?

Could it be a ping issue? - Where I am playing I get 300 ping at best.

Ooops forgot killing spree, sounds like he was using killing spree alright, basically the attack consists of him stepping through the shadows behind 5 different enemy targets in a small radius, if your the only player he will do it to you 5 times, its quick succession and it deals alot of dmg, its has a 1.5min cd when glyphed.

So hes full combat to do that so he could well have imp sprint too, which breaks any root/snare effect when triggered.

And then he has cloak of shadows too, and vanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

he's level 30 though...my druid is 32

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I assume it suffers from diminishing returns also, so you cant constantly keep the target entangled

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is it Shadowstep that removed snares and puts you directly behind the target? I know Killing Spree jumps you about a few times, but i think Shadow Step is a single jump behind you.

Sounds like lag if he was warping all over the place at that level >_<

All he would have at that level is imp sprint and vanish really, and yeah as TheDoc said, diminishing returns, if you keep spamming a crowd control ability its length is reduced each time till the target becomes immune :)

Advertisement