Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Transmitter is this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Mount Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Out of interest is snow/ice on transmitters not affecting signal radiated or does it not have this effect? Didn't Emley Moor in North of England collapse in 1960's due to adverse weather conditions?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

they used this pic at the end of the six one news...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Out of interest is snow/ice on transmitters not affecting signal radiated or does it not have this effect? Didn't Emley Moor in North of England collapse in 1960's due to adverse weather conditions?

I've not had any signal loss with a snow cover roof (aerial in the attic) and the mast on Mt Leinster covered in snow.

Didn't experience any problems when it was snowing heavily either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

copacetic wrote: »
    they used this pic at the end of the six one news...

that's where I got it from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I Lost signal last night due to snow and ESB cut, Power back this morning Tv showing instructions on how to use sky on RTE1 and RTE2, TG4 is ok. Recieving signal from Monasootagh relay in Wexford
    Last night before the cut I was recieving NO Signal from a sky box on both stations.
    I do not have sky.

Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

FRIENDO wrote: »
    I Lost signal last night due to snow and ESB cut, Power back this morning Tv showing instructions on how to use sky on RTE1 and RTE2, TG4 is ok. Recieving signal from Monasootagh relay in Wexford
    Last night before the cut I was recieving NO Signal from a sky box on both stations.
    I do not have sky.

Thanks ;)

You might not have Sky, but RTÉ use Sky-boxes as backup (or even primary) links for some relays. Looks like this might be the case for yours, and it was not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Thanks for the info, I'll be an expert on sky by the end of the day.

Advertisement