Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if the Irish Skeptics are still going - sent a mail to the web site but never heard back,

Cheers,

P.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Yep, they're around alright. There were two good talks back in October last year and there's another series planned for this year.

Is there anything I can help with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

robindch wrote: »
    Yep, they're around alright. There were two good talks back in October last year and there's another series planned for this year.

Is there anything I can help with?

Hi Robin,

Yup, I hadn't heard of them until recently - was wondering about membership, meetings, and was wondering in particular if there's anything lined up about the Irish property bubble?

P.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

oceanclub wrote: »
    if there's anything lined up about the Irish property bubble?
    We had David McWilliams do a talk at the end of October which outlined roughly what happened in the property market and what's happened since it collapsed. He also made a few suggestions about what to do about the recession, and some of those were quite interesting, even if they're unlikely to happen in practice.

I don't know what the schedule is for later in the year. When it's been decided upon, the info will be posted to http://www.irishskeptics.net, so keep an eye out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

robindch wrote: »
    We had David McWilliams do a talk at the end of October which outlined roughly what happened in the property market and what's happened since it collapsed. He also made a few suggestions about what to do about the recession, and some of those were quite interesting, even if they're unlikely to happen in practice.

I don't know what the schedule is for later in the year. When it's been decided upon, the info will be posted to http://www.irishskeptics.net, so keep an eye out there.

Cheers - I didn't hear about McWilliams's talk 'til after, unfortunately. I certainly think it would still be a good topic for a skeptics talk in future, since its probably the greatest failure of skeptical thinking in Ireland's recent history.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭daltonr

oceanclub wrote: »
    and was wondering in particular if there's anything lined up about the Irish property bubble?

Are you skeptical that there is/was a bubble?
    Or skeptical that there isn't/wasn't a bubble?

;)

Only messing oceanclub, I know where you stand. :)

-Rd

• Advertisement
Advertisement