Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Label contracts

Options
  • 08-01-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

I am starting my own (electronic music ) label and was wondering is there anyone who can structure the contracts for me in correct legal speak but so I can manipulate % here and there.

I know what the contract should contain and have sought help on this from people who have their own labels but I'd rather not write one up by myself as I am not sure that would be sufficient although I am not sure on the subject.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Sunn wrote: »
    I am starting my own (electronic music ) label and was wondering is there anyone who can structure the contracts for me in correct legal speak but so I can manipulate % here and there.

I know what the contract should contain and have sought help on this from people who have their own labels but I'd rather not write one up by myself as I am not sure that would be sufficient although I am not sure on the subject.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Would it not be better (and safer) to have a solicitor draw one up so it's actually legally enforceable and correct?

Some are available for download etc. I just found this site..
    http://www.manymoods.com/FREE%20CONTRACTS%20AND%20MORE.htm
    But, nice legalise language means jack **** if it can't hold up in the court of a country it applies to.. So I would still get a solicitor who understands the music business involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i can see your gonna work hard with this label:)

Advertisement