Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artist for a children's book. Anyone know of one?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I’m hoping to get a kids book off the ground in the next year or two.

It would be comedy based so it’d be cartoon style drawings.

Would anyone know of a good artist that is also a good person and someone that can be trusted.

Definitely no egos and no timewasters!!!!

Credit would be given obviously.

Artistic freedom would be given, however I would have the final say. Sorry for being brash but I want to make my role and the artists role very clear from the start.

I would plan for it to also be a business venture and to be professionally published and distributed, so there would hopefully be money involved.

Feel free to PM me if you want with your own details or recommendations of people you may know.

I’m Dublin based but that doesn’t necessarily mean Dublin artists only.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

oldscoil wrote: »
    Hi.

I’m hoping to get a kids book off the ground in the next year or two.

Can I ask if your planning to self publish or go to publishers with the book? If your self publishing you can go any road you want style/design wise but if your hoping to pitch to a publishing house they won't want to see artwork...I know that might sound weird but when it comes to kids books its a very hard market and publishers would rather pick the artists and design as they know what works in the market. If you go to an editor with a childrens book with artwork already done you'll find it a harder pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

for #1;

Is this your first book? I am hoping to write children books for ages but didnt really get around to it. I would love to know how to get published and what you should do before showing a piece to your publisher - if you have any tips - do let me/us know!

You might like to add what kind of artist you would like - is it pencil drawings/watercolours etc as it is too broad to know what you meant. Also artist as animation or life drawings etc.

Wishing you the best of luck and year 2010 could be your year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Wanted to link to this piece with my first reply but was stuck on a different computer for ages and didn't have access to my links. Very good piece to read if your considering publishing a childrens book.

Advertisement