Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to retrofit insulation under battened floor?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

The builder put down a wooden floor and no insulation was put underneath. I don't know if it would be normally insulated but would it be possible to somehow put insulation under a floor without ripping it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The builder put down a wooden floor and no insulation was put underneath. I don't know if it would be normally insulated but would it be possible to somehow put insulation under a floor without ripping it up?

How?

I don't mean to be flippent, but unless you are talking about a suspended floor it would not be possible to retrofit insulation within an existing solid floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

it's a battened floor and there are spaces by the edge (if I take up the skirting so I was wondering if I could pump something or if there is some company that could pump something under the floor to insulate?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

I presume its a solid floor laid on 2x1 battons with solid floor underneath?

If so no its not practical to attempt to pump anything. If you wanted it instulated it should of been done before floor was laid with foilback kingspan between battons.

Advertisement