Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangest/Most awkward text conversations?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭

I was inspired to start this thread by a young who I used to text the whole time, got sick of her because she's as thick as a post. Couldn't have a flirty joke with her without the reply being the ever so attractive "Wha??", nor could she hold a conversation to save her life. Stopped texting her months ago, don't worry I let her down gently, didn't tell her I was in a depression or anything.:pac:

She texted me there tonight and this was the conversation:
    Her: "U asleep? xxxxxxxxxxxx"
    Me: "Nah xx"
    Her: "K"

Like what the fúck?:P Could she not have said "Wua?"(What you at?), "Any craic" or a "Hows u?" or something.

Oh wait now, she just sent me a message saying ".", how inventive.:P

Anyhooooo, ever had any text experiences like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

baz2009 wrote: »
    I was inspired to start this thread by a young who I used to text the whole,

Sounds painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

mikom wrote: »
    Sounds painful.

Oops.:D
    It was written whilst texting a better model.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

when i was in school there was a few of us who had free texts from eircell. All you needed was the msg centre number that the eircell staff used and wham bam no credit needed anymore

converstions were 'I'm in Irish, whrre u?' , 'english, hate english'... etc

was glad when they copped on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I was inspired to start this thread by a young who I used to text the whole time,

Roger Daltrey?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Nah xx! your no bleedin better.. Two of yaz wanna take a trip up to the blarney stone :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was inspired to start this thread by a young who I used to text the whole time, got sick of her because she's as thick as a post. Couldn't have a flirty joke with her without the reply being the ever so attractive "Wha??", nor could she hold a conversation to save her life. Stopped texting her months ago, don't worry I let her down gently, didn't tell her I was in a depression or anything.:pac:

Me: "Nah, here with a banana in my hand"
    Her: "I love banana"
    Me: "Want to come over and hold it"
    Her: "I'm parked outside"
    Me: "K"

Like what the fúck?:P Could she not have said "Wua?"(What you at?), "Any craic" or a "Hows u?" or something.

Anyhooooo, ever had any text experiences like that?

Fixed that for you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I have a mate like that. Hes fairly engaging in person but textin him is like communicating with a high functioning chimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Me: "Nah xx"
    Her: "K"

Like what the fúck?:P Could she not have said "Wua?"(What you at?), "Any craic" or a "Hows u?" or something. Anyhooooo, ever had any text experiences like that?

No. I'd never give a 'wha' my number.
    Text her 'wha' back and ignore her replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I was walking from heuston to my student accomodation last year when I got this text which simply said "CRASH".
    I replied with a "What?"
    A few seconds later they replied with a "BANG"
    I replied with a "?"
    Then I got "Ooops, wrong number"

More recently, last week in fact, I got the following text.
    " Heya hun, im in the cinema with the lads. Will be out in 20 mins. Ring u then. x "
    My reply was " Fcuk off you knob " ( I was in a bad mood )
    I actually got a reply about half an hour later
    " Sorry about that, meant for someone else "

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Could she not have said "Wua?"(What you at?), "Any craic" or a "Hows u?" or something.

That's preferable?

Aim low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

She sounds like a spanner, ignore her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

HAAATE conversation killers. "k" "yeah" "whatever"... use more than one word for christ sake!

Granted, if I'm in a strop I'll text one of the above to politely tell the other person to go and fuck themselves. If I'm in a really bad mood.. I don't put a kiss :eek:

Strangest text I got was from an unknown number a few years ago.
    Simply said;
    "Op Good.. two sizes bigger :D"

:/

maxxie wrote: »
    Nah xx! your no bleedin better.. Two of yaz wanna take a trip up to the blarney stone :p

Fúck her she started the conversation, I just replied to be polite.:p

I took Abigayle's advice and she's sent me two chain messages in about 3 minutes.:P

@The-Rigger, it's nothing special but it's better than "K".

brummytom wrote: »
    HAAATE conversation killers. "k" "yeah" "whatever"... use more than one word for christ sake!

Granted, if I'm in a strop I'll text one of the above to politely tell the other person to go and fuck themselves. If I'm in a really bad mood.. I don't put a kiss :eek:
    Go on, have a another look at that one there now :p
    Strangest text I got was from an unknown number a few years ago.
    Simply said;
    "Op Good.. two sizes bigger :D"
    :/
    Sounds like someone was getting their ring enlarged.

Whaaaat? :pac:

I took Abigayle's advice and she's sent me two chain messages in about 3 minutes.:P

Pff. The bitch. Shes looking for an ego boost.

So you're entitled to a little something if you ask me. Play it real cool, reel it in, hit it, then bury your phone in the back garden.

Abigayle wrote: »
    Pff. The bitch. Shes looking for an ego boost.

So you're entitled to a little something if you ask me. Play it real cool, reel it in, hit it, then bury your phone in the back garden.

You know too much about this.:p

She made it a point in one of the messages that she has a fella, whilst leaving me messages with 10+ x's most days.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sounds like someone was getting their ring enlarged
    Anal so?

You know too much about this.:p

She made it a point in one of the messages that she has a fella, whilst leaving me messages with 10+ x's most days.:rolleyes:

She needs you to feel jealous, women need to feel needed. I'm comfortable telling you that because I don't and I'm a freak of nature :pac:

Seriously though. Do you like her like her?

One of the reasons I dissed her 'wha' thing is because shes in mind-gamesville. Even if you get with her you don't know how long that will go on :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

What about girls you meet out and never reply when you text them after, should I just take a hint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Jigga wrote: »
    What about girls you meet out and never reply when you text them after, should I just take a hint?

Yes.

Next question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

No No, just keep texting them, you have to be persistent, a real man doesn't know the meaning of Restraining Order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Research shows you should text them a week later. Mainly because they will be pissed again an text you back :cool:

That depends on how the night went. If it went badly, she'll ignore your texts and calls for a day or two before sending you:

"Can't you take a fucking hint? Text or call me again and I'll call the Gardai"

or;

"Tk d fkin hint nd dnt txt r cll agn r i wll hav ye kilt" [/scumbag]

If you did well, you won't hear from her for a week.

"Oh hi there you. I've been so busy all week, how are you?"

or;

"I tink Im pgnt xoxoxo" [/scumbag]

msg11 wrote: »
    Research shows you should text them a week later. Mainly because they will be pissed again an text you back :cool:
    Genius, can't believe I haven't thought of that before.

She needs you to feel jealous, women need to feel needed. I'm comfortable telling you that because I don't and I'm a freak of nature :pac:

Seriously though. Do you like her like her?

One of the reasons I dissed her 'wha' thing is because shes in mind-gamesville. Even if you get with her you don't know how long that will go on :/

She's a fool, and not the best looking so no I don't. She lives in Kerry, I live in Laois. Thought that as an obstacle at the beginning when I liked her, now I realise it is turning out to be quite helpful.

She's not smart enoguh to be good at mind games, she can try but meh.:P

I've a new one on the go a bit closer to home now, so all's good in the hood.:cool:

This is turning into Agony Aunt Abigayle.:P

She's a fool, and not the best looking so no I don't. She lives in Kerry, I live in Laois. Thought that as an obstacle at the beginning when I liked her, now I realise it is turning out to be quite helpful.
    Now you're thinking straight!
    She's not smart enoguh to be good at mind games, she can try but meh.:P
    Tell her your with someone, you're in love and shes pregnant. She'll fuck off then.
    I've a new one on the go a bit closer to home now, so all's good in the hood.:cool:
    Thats not good enough, you're young free and single. There shouldn't be one until you've decided theres one worth putting time in with.
    This is turning into Agony Aunt Abigayle.:P
    yeah welllll.

/ruffles haor

Less of the Aunt. In a few chapters I'll talk to you about agony ;)

That depends on how the night went. If it went badly, she'll ignore your texts and calls for a day or two before sending you:

"Can't you take a fucking hint? Text or call me again and I'll call the Gardai"

or;

"Tk d fkin hint nd dnt txt r cll agn r i wll hav ye kilt" [/scumbag]

If you did well, you won't hear from her for a week.

"Oh hi there you. I've been so busy all week, how are you?"

or;

"I tink Im pgnt xoxoxo" [/scumbag]

The hi there is what i'm hoping for I think. There's enough scumbags in Limerick but this girl ain't one!

Now you're thinking straight!

Tell her your with someone, you're in love and shes pregnant. She'll fuck off then.

I like that idea.:p
    Thats not good enough, you're young free and single. There shouldn't be one until you've decided theres one worth putting time in with.

Quite a possibility that she is one worth putting the time in for.:cool:

yeah welllll.

/ruffles haor

Less of the Aunt. In a few chapters I'll talk to you about agony ;)

I'll look forward to it.:P

Jaysus I use smilies an awful lot.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I shudder to think how Vodafone is making a loss with this level of stupidity clogging up the SMS world.

• Advertisement

I'll look forward to it.:P

Jaysus I use smilies an awful lot.:P

Whoooaaah there horsey. I have the Gardai on speed dial.

:pac:

Advertisement