Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something strange is happening to my phone

Options
  • 08-01-2010 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi

Ive got an eircom landline that was generally ok but today started acting funny. First theres a strange crackling noise in the background when i pick up the phone and when people ring me they get sometimes through to a totally different number-anyone know what might cause this-are eircom landlines being frozen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

What is going on in AH tonight :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Hi

Ive got an eircom landline that was generally ok but today started acting funny.

Pitch it to RTE.
    They give shows to anything even remotely funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

.... Welcome to Eircom, Jim speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Hi

Ive got an eircom landline that was generally ok but today started acting funny. First theres a strange crackling noise in the background when i pick up the phone and when people ring me they get sometimes through to a totally different number-anyone know what might cause this-are eircom landlines being frozen?

a meteorite must have hit the line...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

You are being tapped talk in code quick and confuse them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Try urinating on your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hi

haveyoutriedturningitoff_design.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Diverted calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Its you trying to warn yourself about the impending global salt disaster from the future

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

its the machines, their starting to take over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Crossed lines, it could be to do with the snow, but in any case it shouldn't happen. It happened to our line when someone shot a telephone pole with a lot of equipment on it with a shotgun. Get onto eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Some day, just some day, maybe we'll have a Nets & Comms section where this kind of question can get an answer...

I agree with whoever suggested offering it to RTE. Their standards are lower than yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

Advertisement