Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowy Kilternan

Options
  • 08-01-2010 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Amazing conditions. Skiing actual powder snow, with a lift in Ireland.. I pinch myself and I don't even wake up...

Over the slope is actually packed into being piste-like although another sprinkle would be nice to properly bury the mat again, which poked through in a few patches tonight (it was completely buried on Wednesday night).
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10399&id=263200587&l=29e987c833

18168_509005918533_263200587_356226_6992275_n.jpg

18168_509006163043_263200587_356250_4017083_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Coyote

can anyone just turn up and pay ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Coyote wrote: »

In theory, yes. I think they might give priority to SkiClub members though when they actually have snow, but that all depends on how busy it is and if people can get there I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

FAB!! We were going to head up on Weds evening, but the traffic was mental.
    But we're off to Saalbach tomrw! ONE MORE SLEEPIES! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭LJD10

It was fairly packed up there the last 2 nights so I imagine the weekend is going to be even worse. One of the lifts is broken so the queue for the other one was mental.......still lots of fun though. What a novelty to be able to snowboard on snow in Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Lift will hopefully be up running by sat afternoon they are working hard on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Whats the snow cover like on the slope today after the sun anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Coyote wrote: »

I think you have to join up, but essentially yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

Yes u can turn up and pay, €25 for a session, snow still decent and more on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ski Club Irl

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Hockney

Would a man be advised to bring his beloved Evil Twin to Kilternan today?

Is the dry slope totally covered over with fresh snow, and if not, would the dry slope ruin the base of a snowboard if well waxed prior?

Do they have waxing facilities up there? Considering showing up today for a practice session, E25 is a hell of a lot cheaper than a day pass in the alps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ski Club Irl

Hockney, might be a good idea to use the Ski Club rental gear if you are sensitive about your board. Be warned though, it is very busy. Waxing facilities are available but only for members.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Hockney

Cool thanks for that Ski Club Irl. Nice!

Advertisement