Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet cafe in Thomas St?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 11:31pm

Does anybody know what happened the internet cafe in Thomas St next to Xtravision? I stopped going there for a while and the last few times I've been down around there it's been closed. Maybe they moved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,201 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say propably lack of demand. Alot of cafes and bars offer free or low cost wi-fi access on their premises these days once you are a paying customer.

hmmm I seem to remember it always being packed though....although admittedly that was some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

It was opened last week when i passed. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I was in there a few weeks back. And as it happens, I was asked by someone in my LCFE course where a nearby internet cafe was, and I suggested it. Another person who was with us was saying he'd been in there recently. Though, I don't know how recently he meant by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I was actually in there yesterday trying to print something, lo and behold they had no printer working. If you're just looking to surf though you should be fine. They charge a €1 an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Thats a lot better than the Moviedrome euro for 15 minutes approach.

ok thanks. I must have just been unlucky with the days I choose to go there. I'm surprised it was opened yesterday as I was down there around 2pm and it was locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Just go up the road a little and across from Fox' Bow there's a place called E-Net (it's the one run by 2 Asian people).

€1 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Does anybody know what happened the internet cafe in Thomas St next to Xtravision? I stopped going there for a while and the last few times I've been down around there it's been closed. Maybe they moved?
    I think they sold it on, I haven't seen the owners in a long time, I know one of the girls is working in a shop and one of the guys was in Zweeton (sp?) for awhile and one of the girls got fired for fighting
    I used to be in there ALL the time when I was younger

Aidric wrote: »
    I was actually in there yesterday trying to print something, lo and behold they had no printer working. If you're just looking to surf though you should be fine. They charge a €1 an hour.

I don't know where you think you were but the cafe I'm talking about hasn't been open every day for the last two weeks I've gone down there. It's the one between xtravision and the other cafe and it has a blue door. You're probably confusing it with the one called E-Net further up Thomas St :rolleyes: Thanks for leading me up the garden path :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PrettynPink

That place was quite rough, whenever I went in there it was full of young rough teenagers and I had to hold onto my handbag on my lap!:(

That place was quite rough, whenever I went in there it was full of young rough teenagers and I had to hold onto my handbag on my lap!:(
    Yeah I remember the owner threatening to call the Gardai a number of times. That's the problem when it's so cheap. Probably the reason Moviedrome charge a €1 per 15mins. Knackers I think they're called :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I don't know where you think you were but the cafe I'm talking about hasn't been open every day for the last two weeks I've gone down there. It's the one between xtravision and the other cafe and it has a blue door. You're probably confusing it with the one called E-Net further up Thomas St :rolleyes: Thanks for leading me up the garden path :(
    Ehh, that's your problem, not mine. I was in the place next to xtra vision on the day i described in my op. If it wasn't open when you went there then tough luck.

Advertisement