Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MF50HX digger - opinion please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

you could offer it but i doubt he would accept it.
    10,000 is way over the top for it when you could buy a 1991 3cx turbo for that kind of money.
    i know the mf 50hx are a good digger but there is a lot more choice in 3cxs around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭maidhc

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

maidhc wrote: »

its a lot cheaper but its 2wd, has a manual shuttle, has no 4 in 1 bucket ,has no extending dipper and its wrecked.
    it would make a cheap digger for occasional use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

maidhc wrote: »
    Back tyres look well worn, you'd need a good set if you get into wet ground with it. We've managed to get a 4WD JCB 3CX stuck so I'd imagine, unless the ground is roack hard, you'd be getting stuck left, right and centre. It's worth the extra bit for a 4WD, although the original one is a little pricey. Have you looked at any JCB's yet ?? Much easier to get parts for and most good mechanics know them well ;)

If you're still interested in the 4WD MF, try him on 6 to test the water, he won't let it go for nothing but anything below 8 is plenty for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭maidhc

mossfort wrote: »
    its a lot cheaper but its 2wd, has a manual shuttle, has no 4 in 1 bucket ,has no extending dipper and its wrecked.
    it would make a cheap digger for occasional use.

fair points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Derek31

Hi,

i currently have a 87 50h and am looking to upgrade later in the year.

im unfamilar with the the different properties of diggers but why do most plant hire companies go for JCB and the agri sector goes for massey/fermec makes.

Do the different makes suit different sectors.

Do Case diggers have a good reputation?

Thanks.

Advertisement