Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Tattoos To Do or not to do ???

Options
  • 07-01-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I have two tatoos one on back and shoulder. They are about a clench fist sort of size both. I was thinking of getting them removed.

Firstly can the be completely removed without scaring. Is this posssible ???

Secondly how much and what sort of time?

ANy input would be great. Thanks all?????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Future 2050

????????????????????????/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

None of us have seen your tattoos and have never used lazer to remove a tattoo, so would be completely unable to tell you how much or how long it would take.

As for getting it done, getting it completely removed, and getting it removed without scarring will be almost impossible.

thanks - when you say scaring what level of scaring would it be ???????

Any input would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭indiana jones

im getting one removed by laser in cork. its only about the size of a matchbox on my arm. ive had about 10 sessions already and its still visable but just like a bruise or blur.
    you have to leave 2months between sessions so its a long process. it cost 100euro for the first few goes but goes down as you go on, its 50 a go now. laser is a little painful but takes only minurtes and causes blisters and redness on the skin where the tatoo is which take a week to heal.
    my tatoo was outlined in black and had purple in it also. the black outline is completely disappeared and the purple is left. black ink is supposedly broken down easily and fast by the laser but colours take alot longer and might never completley disappear. i know some people who have had tatoos removed and always left with little dots of colour, never completly gone but you would have to be looking for it to notice. ive never seen any scarring because your skin isnt cut that deep just burned on the very top layer.
    if i were you id only do it if you hate your tatoo because a half removed blob that you will have for a long time looks worse.
    hope this helps.

Thanks - every 2 months seems like along time is this standard or could it be speeded up

Also any body here of the Laser Centre in Dublin what are they like?????

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I was contemplating this for some time also but decided against removing mine due to the long waits between sessions and the overall price involved.

Gonna try getting enhancements / cover-ups instead but being that they are pretty big and solid, I'm not exactly sure what could be done with them.
    Need to take my lazy azz into a parlor and ask in person. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

I'm having one of mine lasered. I've had 3 sessions so far. The tattoo was in bits and my arm was scarred from it. Because of the scarring i couldn't get it covered (we tried several times with different inks and needles). It seems that the scarring has gone down thanks to the laser treatment so i'm thinking of trying for a cover up again. The tattoist said there's no way of knowing what the treatment will do to a new tattoo if i carry on getting it lasered. The idea was always to get it tattooed over.

I have a thread on here with pictures of the tattoo, before and after the treatments.

Advertisement