Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific guideline for Blood Trasfusions

Options
  • 07-01-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭

Hi i was wondering does anybody know what are the regulations in regard to people who are carriers of certain of deficiencies. I was diagnosed as a carrier of alpha-1 a few weeks back. I use to go up to the blood centre with my dad a lot when i was young so im guessing its about time that i contributed myself. Ivve tried the IBTS's website but its a very broad thing mainly about age and countries visited.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Go to the clinic and ask!
    Even if you can't donate, at least you've tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Go to the clinic and ask!
    Even if you can't donate, at least you've tried!

I suppose that is the best thing to do alright. Im shít scared of needles but its something i always swore i would do when i became of age.
    Now to hike up the hills of ice to get up to the clinic ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I suppose that is the best thing to do alright. Im shít scared of needles but its something i always swore i would do when i became of age.
    Now to hike up the hills of ice to get up to the clinic ;)
    Or you could ring them up first.

Locall 1850 731 137

http://www.giveblood.ie/Become_a_Donor/

Advertisement