Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My X360 XBRebooted hack.

Options
  • 07-01-2010 10:13pm

Firstly a big thanks to docentore who soldered up the LPT and Jtag wires to my Zephyr Motherboard. And removing the R6T3 to prevent the blowing of Efuses.
    Top bloke and was a real help and credit to this forum:D

This year i am determined to learn how to solder properly :cool:

Anyway with the LPT and Jtag done i set about dumping the NAND with Nadpro20b.
    Dumped the NAND 3 times(40 mins each), all 3 matched perfect(good job Docentore;))

So i then extracted the KV and config blocks and injected them into XBReboot v0.05 8955_3b Zephyr BIN file.

Then using nandpro i wrote the injected bin file to the Nand.

After all was successful i hooked up the 360 the my Lcd and booted her up.
    All to be greeted by the NXE, running on Virtual Efuses.
    81d31c62779084.gif

And if booted via the eject buton it will boot to Xell, were you can boot into Linux distros ect.

fe75b362779088.gif

Now i grabbed the latest XeXloader v26 from xbins in ISO form, booted it within the NXE dash and then using the inbuilt filebrowser copied it to the relevent folder as per Nfo file instructions.
    Now the Disc is no longer needed and XeXloader shows in the Demo game section and can be booted from there.
    3fc90762779091.gif

XeXloader:
    c7c74a62779087.gif

Now to copy a game to the HD, tried to use the copyDvd function but cannot get it to work at the moment so i manually copied the files using the file browser
    2d7d8062779092.gif

4343ca62779094.gif

Thats what iv done to this point, Dirt2 is booting, thanks to the latest XBRebooter has all MS XeX media checks removed. :D

i now have loads of things i want to try out and 2010 looks like the year of the homebrew 360.
    And who knows maybe XBMC360 will happen.
    This is the tut i followed for reference.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=701315

Sorry for the lowish res, pics are of a iPhone.
    769bd362779083.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I think i'll be checking do i have any compatible xboxs when i get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Nice Cisk

Very little on the 360 in terms of homebrew that would make me want to mod/hack my 360. Only thing I can see it of any point to do is for dodge games unless I've missed some scene stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

kerbdog wrote: »
    Nice Cisk

Very little on the 360 in terms of homebrew that would make me want to mod/hack my 360. Only thing I can see it of any point to do is for dodge games unless I've missed some scene stuff :(

You're almost right, there are emulators also. But I think its picking up quickly, we should see some good stuff this year, maybe some nice media player.

So my advice - do not update your xbox to anything newer than 7371!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

docentore wrote: »
    So my advice - do not update your xbox to anything newer than 7371!

How would you get around forced dashboard upgrades on disks?

Wave 4 games contain the dash update that will render homebrew impossible.
    So the only option would be not to play those games.

Once XBrebooter is installed you will be running the latest 8955 Dash. My R6T3 resistor is removed which phisically prevents the Efuses from being burnt, incase i were to accidently update, the system will E80 but then i can just reflash the NAND.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Sounds like getting another console and using it only for 'homebrew' might be an easier option

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

where\how can you check whether your xbox is chippable???

The very first thing you need to check, is your xbox kernel. At the time of writing, the most recent kernel is : 2.0.8955.0

* Turn on your xbox and go to console settings.
    * Go to system info, the kernel version is on top right.
    xbrtut1.jpg
    As of 5/12/09 (December 5th 2009) If you have kernel 2.0.8495.0 or HIGHER, YOU CANNOT INSTALL XBReboot.

If you have kernel 2.0.7371.0 or lower, there is one more check to do, which requires you to read the nand chip with a homemade lpt nand reader. USB Version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Nice one chaps, i know where i can get me an old Gen 1 360 :D time to hand over a few more euro

BTW, the CopyDVD function works perfect in XeXloader, it didnt like the old crappy hitachi 47, so i swapped it for a BenQ with Non-stealth firm.

Now i have a good few of my games loaded.

• Advertisement

Can I ask who did the flashing? Did they have a motherboard with an LPT port or a PCI->LPT card? It's just that I only have the latter and I read nandpro only works with native LPT and not PCI LPT cards..

I done it myself, had to head over to my parents house and use my old mans Dell desktop that has onboard LPT port.

Unsure about the Pci LPT question, never seen any info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Can I ask who did the flashing? Did they have a motherboard with an LPT port or a PCI->LPT card? It's just that I only have the latter and I read nandpro only works with native LPT and not PCI LPT cards..

I think you're right. It only works with built in LPT ports. Best idea would be to get cheap p3 laptop or similar on Adverts

docentore wrote: »
    I think you're right. It only works with built in LPT ports. Best idea would be to get cheap p3 laptop or similar on Adverts

Heh, I'll have to borrow one from somebody I think :)

Just installed XeXmenu to my HD.

Pretty sweet alight, the chip temps are a nice addition, watching em rise all the time, my box is a RROD fix so its good to see whats what. Skins are pretty cool.
    Gonna have to make up a crossover to test the FTP

Heres some pics:
    img0136m.th.jpg
    img0139p.th.jpg
    img0138gi.th.jpg
    img0137qf.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

cisk wrote: »
    Just installed XeXmenu to my HD.

Pretty sweet alight, the chip temps are a nice addition, watching em rise all the time, my box is a RROD fix so its good to see whats what. Skins are pretty cool.
    Gonna have to make up a crossover to test the FTP
    [/URL]

You don't need a crossover cable to hook the 360 up directly to a PC, a regular ethernet cable works fine for me.

Hmm shall test that now, was pretty sure Nic - Nic required a crossover.

alot of more modern nics have auto cross over feature, you could do worse than try it!

alot of more modern nics have auto cross over feature, you could do worse than try it!

Yup, most NIC's that are any way modern can auto-detect when RX is being sent up the usual TX pins and auto swap to function normally (aka auto-crossover).

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

I've my 360 hooked up to this PC nic to nic without a crossover cable and can ftp to it just fine.

• Advertisement

Your right too, cheers for that, im still stuck in the old days. :D

Jesus this frightened the sh1t out of me! After i moved all the posts it got put onto the second page and i thought i was after deleting it ! :o

phew!

ME THREAD!!!!! :D:D

Nice n clean now cheers witness!

After all the EFFORT that went into it that would have been quite the mistake!

I need some skins for XeXMenu, cisk's pictures look better than my current "plain jane" one.

Advertisement