Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk and Whiskey.

Options
  • 07-01-2010 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

My water is frozen so I've nothing to mix with the Power's. The sky is red outside and the roads are solid ice.

How about mixing the Whiskey with Milk? Any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Jesus man what are you mixing anything with it for anyway... Powers is perfect neat. Smooth and warming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

gpf101 wrote: »
    Jesus man what are you mixing anything with it for anyway... Powers is perfect neat. Smooth and warming.

Sorry, it's not Power's, it's Teacher's Blended Scotch Whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

lol. Sure you might as well try mixing it and let us know what happens. What else have you in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Whiskey and milk is for people who can't handle any more straight whiskey so you would not want to let people see you drinking that or people will think you have a problem ;)

Teachers is not a very strong whiskey so you should try sippin' it neat ... WHiskey at 40% has already been watered down so if you practice hard but slow ;) you'll get used to the preceived stronger taste.

ah here, I reject all accusations of me a "big girl's blouse".. lol.. I can drink Power's and Jameson straight but the Teacher's just doesnt taste as nice.

I think I've found the solution. Irish coffee... the water is still frozen so everything is being made on milk at the moment. Having one now and it's lovely. Plus it warms you up as well.

btw, I tried cold milk with Teachers.. and it wasnt great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

ah here, I reject all accusations of me a "big girl's blouse".. lol.. I can drink Power's and Jameson straight but the Teacher's just doesnt taste as nice.

:lol:

I actually did not mean it that way ... Milk is used when you've drank some much for so long that your stomach in in ribbons and you have to cut it with milk ... so what I was hinting at is don't drink whiskey and milk as it will make you look like a total acoholic :lol:

Gaelic coffee sounds the way to go ... or should that be Gaelic Latte ;)

Enjoy

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Off topic somewhat, but I once had a whiskey with glacier ice. It was while I was standing on top of a glacier.

Maybe go outside and chip a bit of the ice off the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm not sure if this helps or not but whiskey with milk is what my gran would give me if I wasn't sleepy at bedtime. I would have been around 2 years old at the time. Thinking back, I'd say it would be nice. Heat up the milk, take the crust off, half-fill a cup and add the whiskey as you see fit. Sugar and coffee might be a nice idea too. I might actually do the same now myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

Why don't you take some snow or ice from outside, put it into a saucepan and light the fire. Leave the saucepan near the fire for a bit until the snow/ice melts and voila....use it with the whiskey. That's what I would do. Have fun. :)

I'm not sure if this helps or not but whiskey with milk is what my gran would give me if I wasn't sleepy at bedtime. I would have been around 2 years old at the time.

I tried the mixing Whiskey with milk. It's not great, you need to add something to give it a bit of flavour. That's why I was drinking Irish coffees. I'm still fairly confident it's possible to make a nice Tia-Maria/Milk type drink out of Whiskey and Milk though.
    Why don't you take some snow or ice from outside, put it into a saucepan and light the fire. Leave the saucepan near the fire for a bit until the snow/ice melts and voila....use it with the whiskey. That's what I would do. Have fun.

yeah I did that as well... Got a bottle of Black & White a couple of days ago.. That's far easier to drink neat than the Teachers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement