Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants insurance??

Options
  • 07-01-2010 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

(Mods please move if this is not the appropriate forum)

I realise that tenants contents insurance is a relatively new product in Ireland. Can anybody advise me which company is best for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭3DataModem

It's not that new. In the old days (15 years ago) it would generally only be offered by RSA.

I've got it from BOI Insurance Services in the past pretty cheaply. Should be about €100 to €200 per year depending on the size of the property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

3DataModem wrote: »
    It's not that new. In the old days (15 years ago) it would generally only be offered by RSA.

I've got it from BOI Insurance Services in the past pretty cheaply. Should be about €100 to €200 per year depending on the size of the property.

Really? I was told by a number of people it was a difficult product to obtain up until recently.

Anyway; BOI do it; Sweet; thanks a mill:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've had contents only insurance since about 1994. Never had a problem getting it.

Contact your local insurance broker. They're normally great at finding the best deal and best cover to suit your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I had contents insurance with FBD about 3 years ago, cost about €60 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

I just got it with FBD, nearly half the price other were

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I've got it with Ulster Bank (it used to be marketed as a First Active product) - works out at around €120 per year...

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

Also available from both online brokers that I use. 123.ie and insure.ie.

Got rather expensive with 123.ie this year and I shifted to insure.ie. Travellers are the new insurer for 123.ie. Can't remember who my insurance through insure.ie is this year.

Never had any problem getting it.

Advertisement