Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICC

Options
  • 07-01-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Was gonna post this in the gearing thread but we probably could do with a thread about this raid instance.

HORAAAAAAY!!!

Cheer for a ****ing tough boss at last.

3 shot the 2 of the 3 new bosses last night and while they were fairly easy, at least were back to nax standard with them rather than the loot pinatas of the first 4.

Porfessor isnt easy however and the only thing that pisses me off about it is the pathetic 10 attempts mechanics to keep guilds from advancing.

Yo blizzard, remember Archimonde? Remember Vashj? These bosses had no resist gear, no gear check, no gates, no limited attempts and it STILL took us weeks to get them.

Having said that, the new bosses at least seem like things are looking up with how challenging the rest of the raid will be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

We are attempting the new 3 bosses Sunday evening,

So if this is similar to your progress thread

Army of The Hypno Toad - Outland

4/7 downed - 10 man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

rotface and fester down too

took us a few attempts on both as were trialing new healers, i outhealed one of the maintank healers on a few of the attempts on fester.

I am a shadow priest ;P

fester is really easy, its just a shame our trial tank healers sucked balls.

We didnt make any attempts on professor as we didnt have proper core raid on, will open up a can on Monday.

Did you nearly down professor in the end dustaz? run out of attempts? or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

We knocked down the first 4 in just over 2 hours in the 10-man, it was great since we're a casual bunch of guys. I think the emblem system is great now, finally the "elite" guilds in my server like Dark Crusaders are being given a kick up the ass as to how good they actually are. F**king hate some elitest gits about these days.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

we went in wednesday night after having 4/4 on farm in 25 man and first off, why did they do that to poor lady deathwhisper :( she used to be fun, now its just digustingly easy...

had a few wipes on festergut but people had to leave and due to 2 no shows last night we ended up in ten man. did 6/7 in there and havnt tried professor yet. Rotface is a good fight but christ is it boring... festergut is just a gear check and CD timer fight, hits like a truck in 25man, he tore our druid apart after the 3rd inhale and i barely lived with bubblewall up (slacker healers didnt help). but overall im impressed with them. looking forward to professor too,

Edit: and rotface is getting a 15% hp nerf in ten man apparently :(

Well we finally got Fester gut down, we had two insanely close attempts, and after 3 nights of attempts we got him.

A big shout out has to go to the guys from dudes in the outland server for the help.

We were swapping the tanks on 9 stacks and the guys suggested we do with 8, and long bad behold our attempts got much better until we killed him.

O and our guild made a decision as a whole to start looking at tactics online etc, as we want to experience progression at the pace we should be. Nearly every tactics website said switch on 9 stacks :O

Unfortunately thats my icc done for two weeks with the guild, I've been swopped out to let another dps guy in to keep him happy, so I'm pugging icc for two weeks, theres an experience im waiting to see.

Fester Gut dead
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpNHBTzPm34

Fester gut so close
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiS7S0BU_k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Found festergut very easy. Only had 4 range on 10man which made it very easy for spores. 3 healers 1 mage. All moved to mage for the spore and it worked a charm.

We used a square tactic with a /range of 10.

Struggling on rotface atm. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

nix wrote: »
    Did you nearly down professor in the end dustaz? run out of attempts? or ?

We wasted our first 10 attempts with lag and poor precision, so this reset we killed him with 2 10 mans and then got him in 5 or 6 attempts last night.

The three bosses in that wing are fun and a step in the right direction, but still nowhere NEAR what i hope arthas will be.

What worries me is the limited attempts and how they are shared with normal kills (From what i can tell, you have X amount of attempts on a wing boss - regardless whether its normal or heroic. So you could run out of heroic attempts and then not be able to farm it normal). It ALSO seems like these attempts are shared across all wing bosses, like in totgc, so any bosses that are prone to not be on farm (think faction champs or twins) can lose you valuable attempts at Arthas.

It seems that most guilds (particularly those at the front of the curve) took around 100 attempts to kill Anub HC. Thats 10 weeks of raiding with the current amount of allowed attempts.

Oh well, new wing on wednesday will answer some questions.

A new wing we unfortunately wont be at.

Its also causing some havoc and a change we need to deal with our raiding times.

We raid 3 hours, 7-10pm Wednesday night.

Thats being changed now to Thursday to try compensate for the immense lag on WEdnesday nights due to the world and its mother raiding on content release.

But it takes us 60-90 minutes to get the first wing down.

We only recently got festergut down, with no attempts yet on rotface ( the lag was too much sunday night to even try) and we havnt got to professor.

So I can only imagine it will be another lockout or two before we have the second wing cleared.

So to one shot all bosses up to the new wing, will take us roughly 2 hours if not 2 hours 30 minutes.

We are going to have to look at reworking our raiding schedules, anyone else having to juggle raid times?

Funny you should mention it but yes we are looking at juggling raiding schedules although for slightly different reasons.

We are trying to work out when to do the 10 man runs so that we can kill the new stuff in 10 man where its much easier with 2 groups before we run it 25 man. So were trying to work out if its better to go on wednesday, or do farm content on wednesday with 10 mans on thu or even fri.

Secondly as doc mentioned, the lag is really really terrible on our realm. Due to mass migration to an already heavily populated server, dalaran is a nogo zone and the raid instance servers are the worst theyve ever been. It gets better on modays and tuesdays btw doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,007 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sizewise how big are these dungeons compared to BFD? Im lost as ****...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

they arent too bad really, the teleporters make getting around the dungeons much much quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

And all cleared as of the 17th, a nice little challenge this place is turning out to be by all accords. Have to agree with Dustaz could do with being more challenging, i like it when were stuck on a boss for more then a day or two.

Anti wrote: »
    And all cleared as of the 17th, a nice little challenge this place is turning out to be by all accords. Have to agree with Dustaz could do with being more challenging, i like it when were stuck on a boss for more then a day or two.

Didnt you quit to enjoy the benefits of Real Life (tm) ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

killed the professor on our first night on him last night, 10 man mind so.

But we killed him in 6 try's. Hoping Blood Wing Proves interesting.

Dustaz wrote: »
    Funny you should mention it but yes we are looking at juggling raiding schedules although for slightly different reasons.

We are trying to work out when to do the 10 man runs so that we can kill the new stuff in 10 man where its much easier with 2 groups before we run it 25 man. So were trying to work out if its better to go on wednesday, or do farm content on wednesday with 10 mans on thu or even fri.

Secondly as doc mentioned, the lag is really really terrible on our realm. Due to mass migration to an already heavily populated server, dalaran is a nogo zone and the raid instance servers are the worst theyve ever been. It gets better on modays and tuesdays btw doc.

We are going to try our first runs on Thursday night and run our second loop on Tuesdays. Hopefully that solves the problem, because Sundays are getting just as bad for raiding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

We downed Festergut and Rotface lastnight in 10 man,we got to the Professor with 30 mins left of raid time and failed to down him.
    Although i cant raid tonight myself we have a 25 man continuation tonight @ Festergut,be interesting to see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

ICC is disgustingly easy and will only continue to be more so when every retard under the sun has scaled with gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Guild had two 10 man ICC runs lastnight.

Both getting Festergut down to a few % each time.

One of the groups got him in the end. Everyone was happy with that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

Much of a muchness 2nyt again, retarded lag so we went back at like 22:00.
    got the boss down to about 30% or so 1st two trys and on the 3rd try killed it with 24 people up.
    Ran out of raid time so will do the other bosses 2mor nyt.

Should have the vid up on http://www.lockdowneu.com/media.html in a few hours. While the boss is fun and unique it needs to be harder much much much harder. :mad:

Advertisement