Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboard boot size advice

Options
  • 07-01-2010 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm gonna buy my snowboard boots online, just wondering about sizes.

UK 11 is a safe size for me in a hiking boot, 10.5 would be a snugger fit though.

Would i be safe to go for a size 11 without trying them on?

Thanks

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

tommmy1979, try and get into one of the snowboards shops and try on some different pairs, they are all slightly different in size and width. Some will definitely fit more comfortably than others. Its not like buying a pair of runners. I take a size 9 runners but can take either a 8 or 8.5 in my snowboard boots. For something which should last you 3 or more years (Casual Users) you are better getting them right..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

definately try them on first somewhere.
    They should be ever so slightly too tight when bought new as they will expand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

The only way I'd buy snowboard boots online was if I had already tested them for size in a bricks and mortar shop.
    Your boots are possibly your most important piece of kit as they link you to the board. If you get the sizing wrong then you're in for a hard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

I take a 7.5 shoe and burton boots the 8 fitted nice but neede a 9 in the vans as the 8's were a tad tight. So deffo try first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Thanks for the advice boys an girls.. not what i wanted to hear though:p..
    tommmy1979, try and get into one of the snowboards shops....

Where are the snowboard shops, i'm based in munster.

• Advertisement

http://quiksilver.co.uk/guide/union-stores/ireland/tubes-surfing-cork/3324

Tubes surfing in Cork is the only one I know. There has to be more but I don't know them.
    I don't know if they do boots so maybe ring them before you travel.

here's a golden pages search result
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/category_Ski+Equipment+&+Courses_County:Cork-1.html

You could try it with different counties if you're not in Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Was in tubes.. they're a disgrace to be honest, shouldn't even be advertising snowboard boots. What about dublin? I'd be willing to travel if there was a good selection and plenty of sizes.

thanks again

T

snow and rock in dundrum is probably a good option. I don't know many more.

I use www.irishsnowboards.com you can meet the owner at his storage premises and try on the boots if you are interested in any of them. If you give him a ring or an email, he might have some of last seasons stock at knock down prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Hockney

This time last year I was in the same situation.

Don't even dream about buying boots without trying them on somewhere first! From brand to brand sizes can be way different, length, widthness, everything.

I ended up going into Great Outdoors just off Grafton St, and getting a pair of the previous season's boots for feck all. I'd say give that a look, current season's ones were pricey but when nothing fit me and I was about to walk out empty handed it turned out they "might have something out the back"!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ShayK1 wrote: »
    snow and rock in dundrum is probably a good option. I don't know many more.

I use www.irishsnowboards.com you can meet the owner at his storage premises and try on the boots if you are interested in any of them. If you give him a ring or an email, he might have some of last seasons stock at knock down prices.

53DegreesNorth in Blanchardstown and Great Outdoors off Grafton Street definitely do. There are a bunch more shops listed in the F.A.Q. but some won't actually do skis/ boards/ boots and just be listed as they sell clothing and other useful winter related stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

As ShayK1 mentioned try www.irishsnowboards.com

Or you have Snow & Rock in Dundrum shopping Center.

Great Outdoors Just off Grafton Street

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Ive used www.irishsnowboards.com too and can highly recommend them

Advertisement