Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argon filled or is it.... Windows that is.

Options
  • 07-01-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I was looking through some specification sheets for windows and noticed one company made a point of stressing that their windows had a 90% Argon fill.

To me "Argon Filled" ment just that "Filled" as in 100%.

Can anyone tell me what is the norm or is there a standard for what this should be?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

gears wrote: »
    I was looking through some specification sheets for windows and noticed one company made a point of stressing that their windows had a 90% Argon fill.

To me "Argon Filled" ment just that "Filled" as in 100%.

Can anyone tell me what is the norm or is there a standard for what this should be?

90% fill would be standard in the industry.

Tolerances are supposed to be such that no more than 2% per annum should dissipate. Therefore 20 year old argon filled windows will only be approx 50% argon filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

The gas dissapates over time. Is the argon fill not permanent with any glass units ?
    It does expalin why different companies give 10 or 20 year warranty on argon seals I suppose.

Advertisement