Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50/N3 Underpass. Wheres the entrance?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭

So I walked from Leeson Street to Mulhuddart yesterday (the day of no buses).
    As I was walking up the N3, I reckoned when I got to the Auburn Avenue roundabout that I'd either turn left up Auburn Avenue and through Castleknock or else go through the pedestrian underpass below the M50 roundabout.

I abandoned Castleknock as after 100 minutes walking I didn't fancy going another 30 minutes out of way. Spent a bit of time at the Dunsink bridge looking for an entrance to the undepass, couldn't find it, so in the end said fcuk it and decided to just walk through the traffic at the M50/N3 roundabout.
    Not the cleverest idea I know, and a couple of drivers let me know what they thought of it, though yesterday was probably the best day possible (or maybe least worst day possible) to do it as the traffic was almost stopped at the roundabout so it was relatively easy to walk across.

So does anyone know where I would have found the entrance to the underpass, and where would it have brought me to on the Blanchardstown side?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

When you get to Auburn Avenue coming from the N3 turn right at the roundabout on Auburn Avenus towards the Tennis Club and VW/Mercedes garages. Keep going to the very end of the road and you'll see the entrance to the bridge to the right just beside the entrance to the tennis club. It brings you out then just before the Twelfth Lock in Blanchardstown, and to be pedantic it's technically an over pass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

you turn left at Auburn avenue, and then immediately right, continue straight on and the walkway is at the end of that road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

SNAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Cheers, at least I'll know for next time now (next time probably being sometime next week if this weather continues).

Advertisement