Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is ambilight on philips effective if tv is not wall mounted?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking at a philips tv at the moment either 32 or 37 inch 100hz.
    I was thinking of the ambilight version but dont know if it is going to make any difference as tv will not be wall mounted, it will be left on a corner unit,

any help greatly appreciated,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It will light up any surface within a foot of the lights pretty well. I had it in an alcove where the "sides" were a foot away either side and it was itself 6" away from the wall and the lighting was grand.

At the moment I have mine as close as I can flat to a wall, with no sides and it reflects of the wall fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

its works fine, these are realy bright at their brighest settings. we now watch films with the other lights in the room off because of the beautiful effect it gives, the tv i have has the 2 sides and top of the tv lit, so a lot of light from it. as i said , brightness can be changed anyway. mine is on a corner tv stand, left edge closest and the right about a foot away. the whole alcove is lit up by it!!!

Advertisement